Chapter 13: Hero Interviews

3rd POV unless I say so

The next morning, Aizawa announced that during the sports festival, heroes from all over Japan were watching and had placed requests for students they wanted to have intern with them. Each of them got to choose from a list of heroes to intern with, and the ones that didn't get any requests would get a list of heroes that were fine to take students anyway. Todoroki got the most requests, probably because he's the No. 2 hero's son, followed by Miyo, Bakugo, Iida and so on and so forth. Bakugo was angry that even though he came first in the festival, he came third in the amount of requests he'd gotten. Miyo was having her own troubles with not knowing who to choose. She had gotten over 2000 requests and had to pick by the end of the week. She immediately started looking for underground heroes, but none of them wanted her since her quirk was too flashy. She was literally a secret vigilante! She gave up looking for underground heroes and started looking for ones that either weren't too well known or that suited her needs. She didn't really need much hand-to-hand combat training, but she needed more practise with her quirk. She was surprised that she had even subjugated seven of her ten shikigami, considering that the law prohibited quirk use outside of private property. That's why she never used her quirk when doing vigilante work. She still needed to subjugate two more, Piercing Bull and Round Deere. There was one more, but it was likely powerful enough to take on both All Might and that one villain that was said to be the strongest villain to ever live, All For One. It was unlikely that All For One even existed in the first place, but if the rumours were true, he could beat All Might. Putting them both together still couldn't beat the tenth shikigami, so Miyo had no hope of subjugating it.

She was still pondering what hero agency to pick when she came across one that caught her eye. She put it on a separate pile and started sitting through the rest of them. They had a double period for looking for an agency and Miyo was good at skimming files and stuff, so by the end of it she had two piles: one for the agencies she didn't want to intern with and one for the agencies she did. There were five agencies in the second pile, making Miyo wonder just how well the hero system was. Once that period was over, they had English. Miyo could already speak english fluently because the band she had made with Maki, Toge and Yuta only wrote songs in english, so she just kept thinking about the five agencies she wanted to intern with. Her thoughts were soon interrupted by Present Mic, their english teacher, when he asked her a complicated question since she wasn't listening. She read out the phrase in a perfect accent and wording, surprising the teacher. The class was left wondering how she could speak english better than their english teacher, but Present Mic moved on before they could ask questions. After english, they had math, historical arts, science, classical Japanese, and music before they could go home. Miyo did her usual routine, catching the train with Bakugo, walking home to have something thrown at her or hitting her and going to her room to do homework and get changed into her vigilante costume.

Her patrol usually started at around nine o'clock, but she went a little early to watch the sunset. Her parents usually never came into her room after she got home, so it was fine. As she sat on a building watching the last drops of sun fading away, she heard a scream. She ran over to go help, only to see Gang Orca, the No. 10 hero in Japan. It turned out that there was a bank robbery, and Gang Orca had just finished saving the hostages. Miyo quickly left and went to find someone that was in immediate danger, both relieved and slightly annoyed at the hero. Her annoyance left after she realised that the hero was actually doing his job properly, something that most heroes didn't do. She was quickly distracted by a mugging happening in a nearby alleyway, and left to go help. By the end of the night, she has stopped three muggings, two braking and enterings, a murderer and five thieves. Some of these had multiple people, so she also had a couple bruises and a cut on her leg that needed stitches. Luckily, she got these often, both from work and her family, so she had gotten pretty good at suturing. It still hurt though. After about 1 thirty in the morning, she called it a night. Not before running into Endeavour while waiting on a rooftop though. It didn't take long for him to notice her and realise who she was. He sent a ball of fire at her, but she ducked and somehow appeared behind him. She grabbed his arm and threw him into the alley below them, then ran off as he used his flames to make himself fly back up to the roof. After about ten seconds, he lost her.

Endeavour: Nightshade! Get back here and fight me like a man!

She heard him, and was very tempted to respond but decided against it as she was nearing her home. She climbed into her window and got changed into pyjamas before falling asleep, still giggling about the pro's reaction. The next morning at school, she handed in her application for the agency she chose. Looks like she was interviewing with Gang Orca.

Notes

Hello, I might have mentioned this to a couple of friends of mine and now I feel compelled to make this better quality. I'm still not going to though. Let them suffer with my bad writing. Anyway, goodnight and see you next chapter!