Chapter 25: Dorms

3rd POV unless I say so

During their two weeks off school, Aizawa and All Might went around from house to house and told the students and their parents about the new dorm system. On the first day back, all of their stuff had already been moved into their dorms for them to unpack and organise. The students were told to meet at the front of UA for Aizawa to take them to their dorm building.

Aizawa: I know some of you went to go rescue Bakugo during the Kamino incident and from your faces, I know I'm right. Right now, I should expel all of you except Bakugo, Hagakure and Jiro. All of you who went to save Bakugo and those who knew but didn't stop them should all be pulled out of the hero course. I hope you can regain the school's trust.

With that, he walked towards the building and motioned for the students to follow. Katsuki stayed back for a little bit and pulled Kaminari behind a bush. When they reappeared, Kaminari was in the same state he was in after overusing his quirk, so basically really stupid, and Katsuki handed a large amount of money to Kirishima.

Katsuki: *whisper* Here, for those stupid binoculars.

Miyo knew that Kirishima was going to give the money back to Kaminari later, but it was the thought that counts. They walked into the dorms and Aizawa showed them around a bit. Miyo already knew her way around this place but her classmates didn't know that. Most of them didn't even know she was adopted in the first place, let alone adopted a second time by their teacher. The only one who knew about her previous family was Katsuki. She groaned when she realised she still needed to tell him, he was probably wondering why she didn't walk with him or caught the train. Aizawa finished showing the class around their dorms and gave them each a sheet showing what dorm they were in. Miyo was happy that she was on the same floor as Katsuki. The students were told to set up their dorms but Miyo had been living in hers for the past two weeks so she just played with Muffin and Rose for a bit before getting started on dinner. She made onigiri for everyone while they set up their dorms and they happily ate it.

After dinner, Ashido suggested they should have a competition for who had the best dorm. Miyo, Katsuki and Asui all went to bed early and skipped the competition. Well, Miyo tried but was dragged away from her dorm by Hagakure and was forced to participate. First up was Midoriya, who's room was absolutely filled to the brim with All Might merch, then it was Aoyama, Kirishima, Sero and so on. Then they ended up doing the girls dorms, but when they got to Miyo's dorm she blocked the door and smiled at them.

Miyo: Can I just skip the competition?

Some of the other girls tried pushing her out the way but failed horribly. Miyo then went inside her dorm and locked the door. She waited until everyone left before picking up her ukulele. She had painted a few white, pink and orange flowers on it the second day she had it. She started tuning it before playing a few of her songs. Some of them were quite sad songs but she liked them anyway. After her sixth one, she heard very feint breathing at her door. She hopped up from her chair and walked to the door, opening it to see Katsuki.

Miyo: Hi, Katsuki.

Katsuki: Hey, Miyo. I wanted to ask, why weren't you at your house this morning?

Miyo: Umm, there's a funny reason for that. Why don't you come inside.

He walked into her room while eyeing her suspiciously. He sat on a chair opposite to her, folded his arms and waited for her to explain.

Miyo: So uh, you know how I got adopted six years ago. Well, that family might have been just the slightest bit abusive.

She rushed that last part.

Katsuki: What?

Miyo: Yeah, they weren't the best. Aizawa and Nezu found out and now the Itami family has been arrested and I got adopted by someone else.

Katsuki: Who?

Miyo: Just, someone.

Katsuki: Miyo, who?

Miyo: It might have been Aizawa.

Katsuki: What!?

Miyo: Shh, please don't tell anyone. Half of our class doesn't even know I'm adopted in the first place.

Katsuki: Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. But I would like to hear your story in detail.

Miyo: I... I don't think I could do that.

Katsuki: Alright, I won't force you. You can tell me when you're ready.

Miyo: Thanks.

They chatted a bit longer before Katsuki went to his room. Miyo stayed up a little later to play her ukulele before calling it a night. By that, I mean going on patrol with Aizawa. Since she wasn't doing anything illegal by taking down criminals and villains, Nezu let her go out as Nightshade so long as she stayed near Aizawa. They stayed up until midnight but Aizawa insisted that she needed to start getting on a better sleep schedule (me too). She still stayed up past two in the morning but got five hours of sleep so she said it was fine. Time to start classes again, oh goody.

Notes

Hello, it's almost eleven thirty at night and I was not kidding about that sleep schedule. Good night and see you next chapter!