35

——

——

The following week went by fast. We traveled to Brighton on Saturday and won our league match against them. We are now in 10th position in the league.

Every match that passes, all of Everton's supporters are more excited for the future, and so are we. Playing in the Europa League next year seems like an actual possibility now, and that's creating a great environment.

However, this week is not starting as well as it could. The EFL cup match against Blackpool F.C. our stadium takes place tomorrow evening, and I don't feel ready for it.

Niall offered to take care of the organization for the match, as he knows how uncomfortable the situation is for me already, that way I didn't have to be worrying about it the whole time. I'm so thankful for that.

Because of that, Niall and I were together in the office only for the first twenty minutes, then he left to prepare everything for tomorrow.

Since Niall was going to take care of Blackpool's match for me, I offered to help him with some other work he had to do while he wasn't in the office. He also appreciated it.

I stayed in the office for almost two more hours, and then went to the player's training session on my own.

I waved at them, said good morning to Zayn, and watched for a while.

I arrived later at the session today, as I was working inside, so it was almost over when I arrived.

After doing the last exercise, everyone stood on the field forming a circle, in order to talk for a few minutes and listen to Zayn. I was standing next to Zayn in a part of the circle where all the players saw us clearly.

"Okay boys, I'm going to remind you of everything we've been talking about these last few days. Victoria will agree with me on this." Zayn started.

I nodded and listened to him.

"Tomorrow's match is different from the others we've played before. You mustn't believe it will be easy just because they play in a lower league. It will not be easy. Many of the players who are there were chosen by Victoria, like many of you, and trained by me, like all of you." Zayn warned.

"They actually won cup matches against premier league teams last year in Blackpool. We don't want that to happen to us this year, do we?" I pointed out.

"No!" All the players exclaimed at the same time, making me chuckle.

"And it's not just a matter of showing that we do our best in every match. Do it for Victoria and I too. That club treated us like shit. Make them regret that." Zayn said.

"We will!" The players exclaimed and cheered.

I smiled and looked at Zayn. He looked at me smiling as well. Then I hugged him.