13

Louis Tomlinson's transfer to Everton football club was announced to the public that afternoon.

Opinions were different. Some said it was what we had to do, others showed some more motivation, and others simply didn't care or didn't know who he was.

I saw all of these opinions in the replies to my tweet announcing the transfer. I wonder what the replies to the club's tweet were. I decided to not look at it. I don't care.

Mr Kenwright congratulated both of us for what he called a brilliant negotiation made by a brilliant duo.

We will see Tomlison's debut this Saturday in the last preseason match, I hope. We still have a few days left, I would like to sign someone else before that. I don't know if that will be possible.

/

I arrived at the office the next day. Tomlinson's presentation will take place this afternoon. Niall and I will of course be there.

"Good morning, Horan." I said when I arrived, Niall was already there.

"Good morning, Greenwood." He replied.

"Horan, I have to ask you something." I said.

"You are scaring me already. What is it." He said with sarcasm.

"Can we sign someone else before Saturday's match?" I asked.

"If you have someone in mind we can try." He said.

"Do you have someone in mind?" I asked.

"Nothing clear." He answered.

"I do." I said.

"I know. And not again, please." He said, knowing who I was talking about.

"Do you have a better option?" I said.

"Yeah, the other one you showed me is already a better option." Niall said.

"He is not." I said.

"We already signed someone without premier experience. We can't do that twice." Niall defended.

"Yes, we can. You are not changing anything if you don't." I said.

"Do whatever you want. If it doesn't work, blame yourself." He said, angrily.

"Horan, we made a deal with each other the other day, you forgot already?" I said, also angry.

"It doesn't mean I have to say yes to everything." He said.

"Horan, please. I wouldn't be insisting if I wasn't sure." I tried to calm down the environment.

"Why are you so sure?"

"I just am. We saw him in action. You don't get that chance everyday." I said.

"I am going to agree. But just because we are running out of time." He said.

"Yes! Finally! Thank you!" I exclaimed in excitement, and relief.

"I don't recognize myself." Niall let out a small laugh.

"That means you did it right." I told him with a big smile.

"I have to tell you to do it yourself though. I have to work on something else." He explained.

I chose to believe him this time. He is the managing director. He has other things to do that don't involve transfers.

"Okay. I'll talk to Mr Randall now then. How much can we offer?" I said.

"I know nothing about his market value." Niall replied.

"Let me check." I said. "It's 5 million."

"That's a considerable number. You better be sure of this." Niall warned.