15

The second half of the match started, and it was not getting any better. Chelsea is a great team, and we clearly don't know how to stop them.

By the look on everyone's faces around me, I could tell we all had the same opinion.

In the 60th minute, I noticed that Tomlinson had started to warm up. Finally, good news.

It is impressive that Chelsea still haven't scored.

In the 70th minute, Tomlinson was in. He was applauded by the entire crowd, including Mr Kenwright, Horan and I.

"Let's see how he does." Mr Kenwright told Horan and I.

"I hope he does well." I said.

"Me too. We all do, for the club's good." Horan said.

Suddenly, Tomlinson started running up the wing. 80th minute already. No one could stop him.

He centered the ball to the box perfectly.

But no one was able to send the ball to the net. No one could believe we lost that opportunity.

"What!" Horan said and covered his face with his hands.

"I can't believe no one shot that one." I replied.

"Don't worry, we got a new forward for the next matches." Mr Kenwright smiled. "If you chose him, he will be good."

"Let's hope so." Horan said.

Everyone in the crowd was clearly disappointed. Almost everyone started booing the players.

I will never understand why people boo their own team during a match instead of supporting them. But I guess they are tired of supporting and nothing is getting better.

The match ended 0-0, everyone thought that was a miracle, seeing how we had played.

Tomlinson was definitely the best player on the field the 20 minutes he was in, what made me really proud.

"He wasn't bad." Horan told me.

"No." I replied, in a lower tone.

Maybe I am being too dry with him. But he has been worse to me, so I can't feel bad, right?

"Greenwood, we have to do something else. We still have three weeks left for signing players. And letting others go."

"Now you are the one trying to work with me. Funny, isn't it?" I replied.

"We have to." He said.

"That's what I've been telling you since the very beginning, and you never listened." I said.

"Now I want to listen to you, and I want you to listen to me. Isn't that what you wanted?" He said.

"Yes, but you have to let me process everything. I can't just pretend nothing happened." I explained.

"You can. At least during the transfer period. Then you'll have more time to be mad at me if you want." He told me.

"That's not what I meant." I said.

"Then, what is it? We are not doing enough, Greenwood. We can get fired." He told me, he was starting to get angry.

"I know that. You are feeling like I felt during my first weeks here. I ignored a lot of words that you said, because I wanted to stay."

"I understand that it is a shit feeling. I'm sorry, okay?" He told me.

"I've had enough. See you tomorrow, Horan." I said, and left the room, slamming the door.