3

My first week in Everton football club went by, and I still don't feel like talking to Niall. His comments slightly hurt my feelings, because it is something I have been dealing with my whole career, and I don't want to feel like that again.

I want to think he doesn't want to make me feel this way, but he is.

Being a woman working in football is hard, even being a fan can be hard sometimes. Especially if we talk about men's football. Since I was a teenager going to the field to support my team with my dad, I felt that if I was a man, nobody would wonder if I was there only because a player was hot.

A man doesn't have to prove that he has football knowledge. I have been working in football for two years, and I always needed to prove that I was enough. I'm used to my coworkers not believing in what I can do, and Niall didn't seem like an exception.

I arrived at our office, and Niall was already there.

I sat at my desk and didn't say a thing. He didn't say anything either. I was not going to be the first one to say good morning every day.

We spent an hour at our computers in complete silence. It was uncomfortable, but I was thinking about the centre-forward thing. We still haven't made a decision, and the first preseason match is tomorrow.

"Greenwood."

He finally spoke to me before I did. For the first time ever.

"What happened?" I asked.

Something definitely happened. His ego is too big to be talking to me before I did.

"We have a centre-forward." He said

What?! And He didn't even tell me?!

"What?" I said, obviously surprised.

"You weren't doing anything, so I did."

"I wasn't doing anything because I expected you to do it with me, we work together you know." I said honestly.

"You can't do things on your own then? I expected that." He said.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I said angrily.

"Nothing."

"What would you have done if I signed a player without telling you?" I asked him, knowing the answer.

"I wouldn't have liked it."

"That's why I didn't do anything. You don't look like you want to do anything with me."

"You should have told me that before." He said, looking a bit angry.

"You could have asked me before signing a fucking player without me knowing." I fired back.

"I haven't signed him yet."

"Really? Well, thank you, how kind." I said ironically.

"Do you want to see him or you don't?" He asked, in an arrogant way.

"It would be nice."

He sent me a video, and I watched it in silence.

I didn't feel like he had to be our centre-forward. I didn't have the feeling I had to have. Of course he seemed to be good, but I need to know more.

"I don't know, I need to know more." I told Niall.

"What the hell do you want to know? Everything you need to know is in the video." He said.

"No. I want to know a bit about his attitude and personality. What I've seen doesn't convince me. He seems like the one that prefers playing alone." I explained.