33

—————Just like that, Niall and I ended up sitting on a football field, talking about our past

—————
Just like that, Niall and I ended up sitting on a football field, talking about our past.

I looked at his wrist and noticed he is still had the ribbon I gave him for his birthday around it.

Even after everything that has happened, he has never stopped wearing it.

First of all, I told him about Nate and Emma, but without saying their names. Niall was a footballer, like Nate is, I don't know if they know each other. I don't want to know right now, so I just called him a footballer who was at Blackpool at the same time as me.

"I can't believe someone could do that to you. You realise not all footballers are like that, right?" He asked.

"I know." I chuckled, knowing he's talking about himself. "But this has been my only experience with a footballer. And there's more."

"More?" He asked, surprised. "You didn't break up with him after that?"

"Of course I did." I told him. "But we were still at the same club."

"Oh, not nice. What happened?" He said, paying a lot of attention to everything I was telling him.

"Definitely not nice. The thing is one random day, rumors started going around about him and I fucking after a match the day before, all of it being a lie." I explained.

"Why?" He asked, confused.

"I still have no idea. I have a few theories, but I don't have any proof. Since that day, a new fake rumor appeared every few days, and everyone started calling me a slut, a bitch and things like that all the time. Only Zayn and some players showed some support to me. The little reputation I had was destroyed, and there was nothing I could do about it." I told him.

"I had no idea you had gone through all that. Those people didn't deserve you, Victoria." He held my hand, as he saw I was breaking down again. "What about the general director and the president though? They didn't defend you? Bill and I would've." He asked.

"They believed all of it, even though I told them it was all lies. We had already had a few disagreements about club matters before, so it was their chance to stop me from being against their actions and opinions. That time was when I hit rock bottom." I explained, with a tear streaming down my cheek.

"Why did you disagree with them? Were they too stupid?" He asked.

"They work there because the president's father was the president before him. The father did a good job, he knew what he was doing." I started.

"But the son is ignorant." Niall guessed.

"Yeah. And he took his dumb friend on as the general director. A few years later this friend of mine I told you about and me did a year long internship there while we finished our studies. It was a way of having job opportunities."