27

———-

———-

Friday was a good day. I think Niall truly appreciated his little birthday celebration with us.

I love seeing him so happy. I don't feel like I know him that well yet, but I believe he's been through some shit, so everything that makes him smile is something positive.

He looks even more beautiful when he smiles.

I actually told him a little white lie yesterday, but it's not a big deal.

He asked when my birthday was, and probably realized I was here by that time already. I didn't want him to worry about me on his special day, so I told him I wasn't here yet, even though it was the day I arrived.

I only met Mr Kenwright that day and was in the club's building for about an hour, I didn't even know him yet.

I didn't get to celebrate it with my family like I usually do, but I saw them the day before anyway, so I'm not disappointed.

I got to give Niall a lucky ribbon as well, that's how I like to call it.

It doesn't always bring luck, as football can't always go the way we want it to go. However, I feel like it would be worse if I didn't have it around my wrist all the time.

This is pure superstition, but I am like that sometimes.

The ribbon also has the meaning I told Niall it had. My dad gave it to me, so I always remembered where I came from, and had them in mind, which I do even if I don't look at the ribbon.

My mum's family has always been Spanish, even though my mum was born and raised in England.

My parents met in England, as my dad is fully English and they went to the same university.

Eventually my mum's parents decided to move back to Madrid when my mum was economically able to live on her own, as they missed home. My parents did the same after my dad's parents passed.

They both passed earlier than expected, my dad was a kid when he lost his father. I never got to meet either of them. However my dad always talks about how thankful he is to mum and her parents for making him feel like he was always part of the family.

They decided to move to Spain and get married there as they didn't have parents in England anymore and they could be closer to my mum's parents that way.

So I was born and raised in Madrid.

There has always been a devotion to Real Madrid in my family. I got it from my mum, my mum got it from her dad, and it keeps going I guess.

Even my dad started to love that club because of them.

They are all still living in Madrid and I talk to them everyday. I miss them a lot.

The ribbon was given to me by my dad the day before I left, the day before my birthday.

He knows about all the shit I went through at Blackpool, so he wanted to make sure I remembered that I had them if I felt bad about something, since it took me a long time to admit that I wasn't enjoying my job at Blackpool like I should've. He didn't want that to happen again.