23

*pictures will be here as long as Wattpad doesn't let me put them at the header

——-

Friday, 3 days until the transfer period ends.

Philips' answer should be communicated to us today.

Yesterday was all about looking for other players in case the answer we receive is a no.

I arrived at the office a bit nervous, I hate waiting. So I chose to try to think about something else while we waited.

"Good morning Horan." I greeted when I arrived, as he was already there.

"Good morning. Any news?" He asked.

"No. I just checked my email, and nothing." I told him.

"Same here." He replied.

"I don't think we should worry. The alternatives we found yesterday are good." I said.

"I agree. But Philips is something else." He told me.

"You're right. But let's not say it too loud in case we end up signing someone else." I chuckled.

"Yeah, good idea." He laughed softly.

"I don't think we have to do much more, right?" I asked.

"We could say the transfer period is done with this, it sounds so strange though." He said.

"Well, it will be done when we know something about Philips. But yeah, for now, there's nothing else." I said.

"Of course. Should we go to the training session then?" Horan suggested.

"That's a good idea. Waiting will be quicker." I replied.

"The players are already used to you going to see them, right?" He chuckled.

"Probably. They can end up tired of me, but I don't care. I like having a connection with them. Last year I had a great relationship with the players, and it was everything for them, and for me." I explained.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah, that club's situation is absolute shit. And the directives seemed like they didn't care about anything. They just wanted to see us work, and work. So for the players it was kinda comforting to know they had me if they needed anything. And they always told me how much they loved and appreciated me, that felt amazing." I explained.

I can't believe I just said all of that. I had never thought of it this way. I hadn't realized I felt this way. But I guess this is why I like going to the training sessions so much.

That's where I found comfort when I was at my worst.

However, this year is way different, the directives and workers are caring people. Mr Kenwright, Rachel, they are the sweetest.