31

———Present day (October, 2019)

———
Present day (October, 2019)

Zayn arrived at Liverpool the next day. Niall, him, and I went for a coffee that afternoon, to talk about contract matters.

Mr Kenwright fully agreed with taking Zayn on. He said that if I trust him, it is because he is good.

Niall and I arrived together at the coffee shop we agreed to meet Zayn at, right after work. He was there already when we arrived.

"Zayn, it's so nice to see you again." I told him, and hugged him.

"I'm so happy to see you too, Victoria." He hugged me back.

"This is Niall Horan, our general director." I introduced Niall to Zayn.

"Nice to meet ya man. Your luck will be ours." He smiled, and shook Zayn's hand.

"It's nice to meet you too, sir." He smiled, and shook Niall's hand.

"Oh please, just call me Niall." He chuckled.

The three of us entered the coffee shop talking about the club, and about how much we need a quick change.

//

During the next couple of hours, we agreed on all the contract conditions and shook hands after closing the agreement.

Zayn Malik is officially Everton F.C's new manager.

The only things left are telling Silva we don't need his services anymore, and announcing our new manager to everyone.

//

Niall and I told Silva to arrive at the office earlier than usual the next day.

This is probably the thing I hate the most about my job. Having to tell someone we don't need them anymore. I always end up feeling awful. But this is for the better.

Zayn will have his first training session with the team today. By the time he arrives, we will be done with Silva already.

Our next match is in three days, so we don't want to lose any time.

We told Silva to come to our office when he arrived. Once he did, the three of us sat at Niall's desk. Niall and I had our chairs on one side of the desk, Silva on the other.

"Look, Silva, this isn't easy for any of us." I started. "But we have reached the conclusion that we need a change." I told him.

"I know. And the team is already changing, like you said." He told us.

"That's not what the rest are seeing. It's not what we are seeing." Niall told him. "Thank you for everything you've done for us, but we've found someone else." He explained.

The expression on his face dropped. That tells me he didn't expect that.

"Really?" He asked, confused.