Chapter Thirty Nine.

Lizzy's pov:

"This is more elegant than I imagined." Lucas whispers, placing his arm around my waist.

"My mom likes to go all out." I grin, staring at her as she dances with Paul. "She's so happy. It makes me happy."

Lucas smiles and kisses my cheek. "Dance with me, my love."

"Gladly." I take his hand as he brings me to the dance floor. We dance together as i wrap my arms around his neck and his around my waist.

"Any plans later?" He grins, pulling me closer to him.

"Besides laying next to you all night? Probably eating and watching a movie." He chuckles and kisses me. "sounds good to me."

I look over at Ava and she smiles at me, clutching her drink in her hand as she mouths 'Ew' at me. I chuckle and shake my head, noticing Brandon walking up to her.

"Oh, my god, Lucas look."

Lucas follows my gaze as Brandon asks Ava for a dance. She accepts cordially and they walk towards us and start dancing. Both of them giggle as they look over at us and we smirk, making them feel a little uncomfortable.

"This is unexpected." Lucas says. "Shut up, Lucas." Ava says, rolling her eyes.

"That's what Lizzy says when." He winks.

"Lucas!" I slap his chest and he laughs at me. "Sorry, baby." He kisses my cheek and smiles at Brandon.

"Enjoy your handful." Brandon scoffs. We dance throughout the night, cozying up in each other's arms.

"I could do this forever." I say, burying my head on his chest.

"Me too, my love." He kisses my head and holds me tight as we dance to the songs he specifically requested, cheerfully.

***

"Gosh, what a night." I say, stripping down to my night gown. "I know."

We get in bed and i snuggle close to him, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Ah this. Every night. I want it." Lucas says, kissing my head. "Me too."

"When I'm 22, I'm gonna marry you." I laugh and squeeze him tight. "I'd rather you not." He chuckles and pulls me closer. "Watch me, Lizzy. Watch me."

***

Oops! We all know how that goes! Lemme know your thoughts!

I wish you well <3