Chapter Thirty.

Lizzy's pov:

I wanted my revenge. For what he had done to me. For how he made me feel. I know I told him it was over, but after what happened that night, how could I ever let him go? I thought it was obvious that I wanted him.

He made this happen.

I made it stick.

It has been a week since we spoke. I don't think i like what it's doing to me. It seems to be doing really well for him. He found a way to spend his time joyfully at parties, the long line of girls waiting for him. It never stops.

I gave all my focus towards my studies. My initial plan. Because I have a dream. And I wanna pursue it. Without any distractions.

We see each other often,. comparatively even though we hate each other. He comes over to hang out with Brandon and I just so happen to be in the same room. I don't work well, ignoring him and pretending to be on a phone call.

Even in class when hes sitting behind me, beside me or in front of me, he does a great job pretending like I'm not there. The way I do.

Ava and i spend way too much time together. The thought of parting ways after school is the most painful thing we could ever feel.

We had a dream to go to the same college not then her dreams changed. She wanted to go into engineering to pursue her dream. Car dreams.

We both promised we'd be back together right here and live with each other if neither of us got married. I think almost every best friend in the world plans that.

Mom is happy with Paul. Even though they're moving fast, they seem to enjoy each other's company very much. I can't help but feel happy for them.

For.bed. I'm happy she got someone else too. Away from my father. Who broke her heart.

I'll never forget walking into his office with the woman straddled on his lap, peppering kisses all over his face.

The look on his face, the disgrace, the sin he had committed. With lipstick all over him,it was disgusting.

I gave him a chance. To tell mom. But he never did. I wanted him to tell her himself but he didn't have the guts.

It killed me to tell her but I'd rather she live with the truth than a lie. After she heard, she didn't cry, she smiled actually and chuckled.

Said, "Finally. A good enough reason for me to leave him. Something people won't blame me for."

Of course people blamed her. Said she didn't love enough or give enough that the man had to seek from another woman to be happy.

But for my mom, leaving him was the best thing that happened. And when he left the house, her spirit jumped back into her dancing with her in her own house. The colors began to show and shimmer, just whispering to each and every one of us that she's free and she's happy.

I'm happy. For my mother.

I only wondered if I would ever find someone like Paul who cares a great deal for my mother and her kids. Treat them as his own. Love him as his own.

If i could ever love someone back the way my mom does. The way she gives him everything she has with no remorse, no guilt, no problem. Then I'd be the luckiest girl in the world.

And he'd be the luckiest guy too.

***