Chapter One.

"Aren't you gonna tell me why?" Adrian asks, crossing her arms as she stares at me.

I shake my head. "You know what you did." I grab my books and slam my locker shut.

"Lucas! Don't you dare walk away from me. I deserve an explanation." She yells, stomping her foot as if it was gonna scare me.

I chuckle. "Fuck off. I'm done. And that's that."

I walk away, pushing her against the lockers.

"Lucas!"

I felt my heart burst into flames. Everything i poured out for this woman, she throws it all in my face. Every single word I said, I meant to. Every single thing I did for her I meant it.

I didn't know why I deserved it. Maybe I did. For being such a fucking asshole to other women.

I head back to class, ready for two more. My head was aching. I wasn't in love. I wasn't anything. It just hurts to see it all slap back into my face.

That betrayal was unreal. That's what it really felt like. I wasn't all too keen on experiencing betrayal but I had to it seems. Maybe I can learn something.

I sit down all the way at the back and I crack my knuckles.

Lizzy spins around and glares at me. "Do you really have to do that?"

"Do what?" I smirk, brushing my fingers through my hair. She squints her eyes at me, trying to penetrate her deathly stares at me.

I chuckle, staring at her tiny frame intimidates me. Her blonde locks fall down her face and she hits me with a coconut scent that dazzles my nostrils.

"Stop doing that. It pissed me off." She takes a step back and crosses her arms, pressing them against her breasts.

She has a pink shirt with a mini skirt, pairing with leggings and sneakers. Her hair is tied up into a ponytail that's swaying gently as she expresses her disgust about my knuckle-cracking business.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Liz." I shrug, pulling my white tee-shirt lower to straighten it out.

"You're such an asshole." "Before calling me an asshole, you should take a look at yourself, Barbie girl." I smirk.

She growls and turns around staring at her books.

I kick her chair gently and tap it with my foot when she sits down. "C'mon, Lizzy. Don't be such a loser." "Fuck off, Lucas. Leave me alone."

"Wuss."

Brandon walks into the room and cocks his head up. "Sup?" He pats my shoulder and sits down next to me.

"Your sister is kinda a wuss." I say, staring at Lizzy. "Hey, don't be like that. She can be cool."

"Yeah? How about you try and bring her over for tonight's pool party?"

"Yeah, that's gonna be impossible."

"No. It's never impossible. Not with me."

"Oh, really? You're gonna try and persuade her to come tonight? Now much you wanna bet?"

"Nothing at all." I smirk.

"Look who's a wuss." Brandon grins. "Watch me, buddy. I'm gonna get her to come."

---