Chapter 18: Part II

" Sarah should date a guy who isn't afraid of her success

  " Sarah should date a guy who isn't afraid of her success. Someone who knows her worth, has zero male ego. Someone calm and mature. Like bhai."

I choked on my coffee, nearly spitting it out.

"Are you okay bhai?"

" um hmm." I managed to grumble, before quickly downing the rest of my coffee. " I'm going to go....I have work..."

" so suddenly?"

" he got offended by your joke, Hamid told Saba.

" what joke?"

" Sarah and bhai." Hamid deadpanned.

" but that wasn't a joke. I'm serious bhai. You and Sarah would look so good together."

Yes the woman who literally slapped me last night, because I held her hand would make a good couple with me. Of course. What a joke! For once Hamid was right.

" bhai. I'm serious. You and Sarah together would be the ultimate power couple and just think about how good-looking your babies would be."

Ya Allah....save me from this.

" yeah, and their couple's name could be Sa-Der. Sadder." Hamid added to it.

Someone laughed, and I looked up to see it was my father. He somehow saw the humour in this that I didn't. Beside him, ammi wasn't blatantly laughing, but she was smiling. So were my siblings.

" stop teasing your brother." Ammi finally told them, but she didn't sound serious for a second.

" before he has a heart attack."

" abba!"

" uff!"

" no!"

All of us screamed together at Abba, who just smiled guiltily. After seeing most males in our family passing away from heart problems, and Abba having two heart attacks even before he turned sixty, we didn't find it funny at all.

"Aap sabse baat karna hi bekar hai." Ammi huffed. She stood up and began to move inside the palace, despite Abba's protests. In the end, he gave up and sighed before taking another sip of his coffee.

" Now you're going to have to beg Ammi for forgiveness." Saba joked, making Abba sigh again.

"Dear daughter, a king doesn't beg"

The three of us looked at each other. And laughed.

"Are you making fun of me children?" Abba asked, feigning displeasure.