Chapter 10

"Hi!" Someone greeted me cheerfully right behind me, startling me

"Hi!" Someone greeted me cheerfully right behind me, startling me. I almost jumped before composing myself and turning, only to find someone I'd hardly have expected.

" princess Saba." I was surprised and a little confused by the bright smile she was giving me. I barely knew this girl, yet she seemed ecstatic to meet me. That didn't happen often.

" hi" she repeated sheepishly, " touring the pavilions?" She asked gesturing towards our surroundings.

" this is my own pavilion." I pointed out.

" oh right." She replied, embarrassed.

I nodded, not sure why she was talking to me or where this conversation was going. This wouldn't be the first time someone had come up to me and started speaking - something that Andy suggested a bodyguard could easily prevent - but considering this morning's developments, I was more cautious than usual. Specially with another member of the royal family.

" so am I." She answered a question I didn't ask. " or I was, before I sneaked away"

I raised my eyebrows in surprise in question. " oh it's not a big deal." She said dismissively. " it wasn't like I was getting to try any of this cool stuff anyway. Just looking at them from afar." She sighed sadly.

" you haven't tried anything?", I asked her, even more surprised now. She was a princess, she could have any of the things in the pavilions if she wanted. Well, most things at least. She could have them customised and ordered at her own palace and here she was complaining.

" yeah it's a security thing....." she drifted off, suddenly getting alert. She turned back and scanned the crowd who were now starting to give us attention, realising who she actually was.

Satisfied with whatever she was looking for, she turned back and reached for one of the VR sets kept on a stand before us. " before he shows up.....lemme just....." she started to put it on. The representatives standing with it, came out from his position and began to help her. " allow me your highness." He said and the princess smiled sheepishly, letting him take control.

I decided to leave her with it. Let her do what she wanted, what did I care? But just as I was about to go past her, a guy in an all black attire stepped up behind her and grabbed the VR headset, stopping the guy trying to help the princess. " not so fast." He muttered, in thinly accented English.

I stopped and watched him take away the headset and intimidate the representative away from the princess. The poor guy looked at me under the weight of all-black guy's glare. Well, I supposed he was glaring, though I couldn't actually tell what was going on behind the dark glasses.

He was definitely a bodyguard I surmised, though not one the princess liked very much, considering how she stepped away immediately, as though she'd just been exposed to a high voltage live wire. She turned back around and shot a guy a look, to which he remained unaffected.