Chapter 13

" Open this door

" Open this door." I said to Captain Bakshi.

" it's jammed your highness." He replied, the panic evident on his face. " I mean...it's....its....."

" it's what?" I demanded.

" it's not.....it's malfunctioning. I'll see.....I'll go up and try to open it from the control centre." He said, but didn't move from his place.

" what are you waiting for?" I almost snapped at him.

Once he left I began to look for something to pry open the door. " Ali....see if there's a crowbar or something...."

" it's a reinforced steel door your highness. It's not going to open with a crowbar." He was right of course. But I couldn't just sit here and wait. I had to do something.

" let's go to the other side, maybe the door opens from the other side."

We had already checked that it hadn't, but still I wanted to see for myself. So we climbed down the next level, and use another elevator to go to the other side.

" what's wrong bhai?" Hamid asked, as soon as he saw us opening the door on the level they were on.

" the elevator door closed on miss Kapoor." I told him, still jogging to the stairs on the other side.

" is she locked in there?" Miss Scott asked with worry.

" most probably."

" oh god" she exclaimed with horror. Her tone has me stopping and looking back.

" what?"

" she....she can't be stuck in there."

" she is miss Scott and we don't have time to....."

" no no no no no. You don't understand." She shook her head, " Sarah is severely claustrophobic. She can't be in a closed space like that"

My heart picked up its pace hearing that. This wasn't good news. I'd seen how bad a persons's phobia could get and claustrophobia was one of the nastiest ones.

".....she'll.....she'll get a panic attack. She'll....pass out. Oh god this is why....." she looked like she was going to have a panic attack herself.

" calm down miss Scott. Miss Kapoor is going to be fine."

She shook her head, disagreeing. " we have to get to her. Please we have to...."

" we're going to get her out. Don't panic. Okay? She'll be fine." I assured her and she finally nodded.

" Hamid stay with her. Ali go the other side and check if the doors have opened and Major Siddique come with me."