Chapter 17

Serilda

I looked at him in horror. Suddenly it felt like our love had turned him poisnous. As if my love for him rotted him on the inside, choking him, killing him.

Tears rolled down my cheeks looking at him.

"Aaron," his name barely a whisper through my lips. He stared at me as if the replications of his words registered in his mind. His eyes went wide understanding what he had said. The more I stared at him I wondered how could he think of doing something like that. How close he was so close to doing all of this? How close he was to killing someone? Deep inside a worry settled inside of me for him, for us.

"Serilda," I looked at him as my name was called. I thought it was him that had called me but his lips hadn't moved at all. Confusion fell upon me.

"Serilda," my brain couldn't register in the chaos that was someone else who was calling me.

"Serilda," the voice a little louder than before. Aaron's lips hadn't parted for not even a mere second to call to me. Turning around I looked at the door from where my name was called for.

Erik stood there his eyes burning with anger. For a second I saw a glimpse of the man I had known in the past. There was anger and disgust in his eyes. Old memories tried to resurface but his eyes were looking past me at Aaron.

"I think you should leave," Erik said as he entered the room with rage dripping in his voice. "You need to leave," I just stared at Aaron through teary eyes.

...............................................................

Read the rest of the chapter on Radish fiction.....................