Chapter 11

Nathaniel

"I don't think there is anything wrong with doctors seeing their patients," Natasha spoke up as her wide eyes were set on me. I could see the fear in those eyes. She surely didn't expect me to be here.

"What is he doing here?" she found her voice pointing a finger at me. "He is her ex-husband and she," She moved her finger at Chyna. "She is her sister and they have,"

"They both are doctors in this hospital just like me," Natasha snapped cutting her off. "If you have got a problem with that I think you should find better doctors than us."

"Mr. Vasels, Your daughter tried to run away," my eyes moved to her father who had nothing but worries written over his face. I wanted to ask if they didn't he saw what Amelia doing to their daughters.

"She rushed out of the room frantically to follow a car and if it wasn't for both of them I think your daughter might have lost her child and even herself," Natasha came in as a saving grace being an advocate for both of us. He was too stunned to speak as he looked at us and then his daughter. However the same couldn't be said about Amelia. She didn't seem fazed thus confirming my suspicions that she was the one behind all of this.

"Thank you for helping my daughter, Dr. Nathaniel, and Chyna," her father spoke dragging my eyes towards him. How could he not know anything about what his wife was doing to their children. Was he that disconnected from them or his mind was that clouded?

"I'm sorry about my wife. She is overprotective of her and seeing her ex might have caused her to react this way. I apologize for that," he eyed his wife who gave us a fake sorry. I knew it from her face that she wasn't.

"We were just discussing her condition and how she needs to stay here a bit longer," I eyed Chyna. What was she playing at?

"Why?" Amelia was the one to ask and I could see over her face that she wasn't ready for this at all.

"She is in a fragile condition and I won't discharge her until I feel she is well enough to go back home. She is pregnant and had just gone through an accident. Do you think any doctor in their right mind would let her be discharged?" Natasha just matched up Chyna's words. Their minds were on the same path. All of us turned to me as if I was going to add something. I could have but it would be of no use. They already had it covered up. The ringing of my phone was my saving grace.

My assistant's name flashed on the screen and as I moved out of the room I saw Amelia hiding a phone away from me which seemed weird to me.

"I'm sorry I have got to take this," I didn't turn back and closed the door out on my way. One thing was for sure that I me being near Amelia incited fear inside of her.

"Kathy," I answered once I was in a secluded area.

"Hey, is there any chance that you could come in today," she paused. "I know you said to cancel all the appointments for today but there is a patient or I should say two and they need your help."

"Is it something serious?" I asked with my mind trying to remember any patients. I could hear the opening and closing of the doors on the other side of the phone.

"It's a domestic abuse case. I can see the black eye and a few bruises. Her brother is our patient and he has brought her in saying he can't see his sister like this. The girl is really not showing any emotions and doesn't want to get authorities involved," she whispered through the phone.

"I tried my level best to tell you weren't available today but his brother says she has got only a few hours before she goes back home and her husband had calmed down," I sighed hearing it all.