Chapter 4

Erik

I looked at her through the glass walls of the office. She was scared, I could see that in her eyes and her body language.

"Sir, it's going straight to the voicemail," Kelly told me from behind her desk. Right now we all were panicking.

"Was there anything on the schedule for any business meeting in the previous week or the next that he might have taken up right now," I asked her because Aaron wasn't like this. I knew him and his love for Serilda well enough that he wouldn't do anything wrong. I trusted in him more than I could in myself.

"He hasn't taken up any business trips for a while. Most of the time it is managers that he send-off in meetings. He has been connecting through video calls for the last many months." She explained to me making my mind go awry thinking what was happening. I couldn't understand anything. Serilda was here saying that Aaron had gone on a meeting but according to me he had gone on a holiday with her.

"Did he have any threats or some problem going on?" Aaron couldn't lie like this and not to Serilda. In no way would he do this to her because he knew how hurt Serilda had been with all the lies in the past.

I wouldn't have even come down here if the business wasn't that damn important and he hadn't called. Aaron had said that I needed to look at the files and take over for a week. Something was very wrong here but I couldn't understand what.

"There was one woman, once-," Kelly began only to stop as she saw something.

"Sir, Mrs. Reid!" Kelly yelled looking past me. I turned around seeing Serilda stand up with tears in her eyes and phone to her ear. We both rushed into the office. I saw her hand going to her chest and her face turn into one I never wanted to see again. She was in terrible pain as she talked on the phone and I saw her giving up. I reached just in time to catch her before she crashed into the glass table beside her. She fainted right in front of my eyes.

"Serilda," I called her name again and again patting her cheek slightly to wake her up.

"Kelly get me the phone," I ordered her making her pick it up and hand it over to me.

"Hello," I answered the phone. "Aaron, where are you?"

"He is in surgery right now," a female voice answered.

"What?" A bolt from the hit right into me. Surgery, what surgery? My mind had gone blank over what to think.

"Just give me a minute," I told on the phone as I signaled Kelly to come over to me.

"Take care of her," I told Kelly as I moved away from Serilda. Kelly took my place and tried to wake her up as I moved to the other side of the room trying to catch up with what was happening.

"What is he in the surgery for and where are you calling from?" I asked away trying to control my beating heart. Deep down I was scared for everything that was happening around me. I knew Aaron had a life-risking surgery earlier for which I blamed myself but he was well enough after it.

Had he gotten ill again? Had the tumor return.

My mind was going crazy with all the questions.

"May I know your relation to Mr. Aaron Reid?" She questioned.

"I'm his brother, Erik Reid. Now please tell me what has happened to him and where he is?" I looked behind me to see that Serilda was still unconscious.

"He is right now in surgery because of sustaining multiple injuries after an accident just near the outskirts of Las Vegas," she spoke making my mind go silent. Why would he go there and accident?