12

"Well Shelby..." Mosley continues with the evening.
"I suppose you did not come here alone? Did you?"

Tommy deeply sighs, finally remembering that his wife is still waiting for his return outside in their Bentley.
"No, I am not alone tonight.
Please, don't hesitate, get seated.
I'll be back with my... plus one, aye?"

"Certainly!" Mosley grins.
"Can't wait to meet them. Vanessa my dear, shall we?"

Tommy watches Nessa take Mosley's hand as he leads his woman to settle into a cozy table in the corner of the restaurant.
He rushes outside to Lizzie as she continues to wait patiently in the cold and wet weather of the London night.

Expecting a mouth full from her, Lizzie seems to be pissed as she clearly has been forgotten.

Opening the passenger side door, Tommy takes her hand.
"Well, come along then."

"Don't 'come along' me!" Lizzie fusses.
"You had one job, Tommy! To scope out the place and to come back for me! What in god's name held you up?"

He doesn't even bother to answer...
Brain still mushed and scrambled with the already unbelievable moments of the night.

Together the two walk inside...
The Shelbys, dressed in fine jewels and silks.
Clearly an upgrade from their impoverished life before.

As Vanessa lays eyes on them, she immediately gasps.
Her pouring of the champagne begins to spill over her glass, being that she can't take her shocked eyesight off of the two.

"Sweetheart!"
Mosley frowns, snatching the champagne bottle from her fingers.
"Maybe you have had enough..."

Vanessa hasn't drank a drop of alcohol today, but she agrees politely with her date anyway, being that at the very moment... she can hardly even breathe.

She keeps her unnerved jealousy inside...
Nessa always figured that Tommy would revisit his entanglement with Lizzie if they were to ever separate.

It just hurts more than she expected, now that it's true.

"Ahhh."
Lizzie begins to quietly mock.
"I see what kept you so long after all."