5

Evening falls and Tommy comes home from work.

As he enters inside their tiny flat, he slams the door shut with a childish attitude.

"So, how was your date?" He lights a cigarette, flopping down in the nearest chair to watch and question Vanessa.

Nessa finely chops carrots and celery as she cooks a stew for tonight's supper.

She rolls her eyes.
"Does it look like I went on a date Tommy?
I picked up Charlie from your sister's place.
Been home ever since.
But, I am glad to hear that it bothered you all day, stayed on your mind, oui?"

Tommy becomes annoyed however lets her have her fun, knowing that his, is soon to come.

"Fine, you win." Tommy shrugs.
"And to apologize, I brought you home a little gift...
This gift making you fifteen-thousand pounds richer in just one night that is."

Vanessa perks a curious brow...

Tommy takes off his reading glasses.
He ashes his ciggie as he stands from the chair, beginning to creep slowly towards her with his hands pocketed.

"I visited my jeweler after work today..."
He begins.

"Alfie Solomons

"Alfie Solomons... A great friend of mine.
He helps me with the right decisions of what jewelry to buy and how to flip it for more money to the wealthy blokes that enjoy antique collections and expensive tastes."

"I purchased a few diamonds and rubies that I knew I'd be able to flip for more money...
But while I was there, something really caught my eye.
A jewel that I needed to come home with me."
He continues. "You see...Alfie showed me the largest diamond I have ever laid my eyes on.
The first thing that came to mind, was being able to watch you wear it everyday... but sadly, the rock was too large and heavy of course.
So I bought it anyways, and I had Alfie shave it down to something I liked better..."