6

"It's a Saturday.."
Vanessa awakes to the confusing sound of Tommy dressing early in the morning, she wipes her still half-asleep eyes as she clears the gorgeous rasp from her throat.
"Where are you going Tommy?
T'so early, come back to bed..."

He smiles, heart becoming warmed at the sight of Charlie and Vanessa cuddling tighter as they fall back into the depths of sleep.

He kisses the top of both of their heads.
"Rest now." He coos. "I'll be back early."

"I'm a businessman Vanessa, I dabble in sports too."
Tommy adjusts the wrist-cufflinks of his dress shirt and checks the time on his pocket watch.
"I've got a rigged boxing match today, my boxer will be the one to win so I need to be there to collect the bets."

Vanessa's eyes dart open and she becomes fully awake.
"A boxing match? Tommy, the nearest ring is out of Birmingham!
Outside of the Small Heath territory, it isn't safe!"

Tommy sighs.
"I know... But I'll have my men, the Peaky boys will be with me. I'll be fine, I promise.
It's a quick match, there's no way that the mafia knows of my plans today."

Vanessa gets out of bed, propping up a sleepy baby Charlie on the side of her hip as she collects their coats and shoes.
"I'm going."

Worried for Tommy's safety, her fright is prominent.

"You will not."
Tommy takes the items from her hands, forcing her to listen to his stern demands.
"You and Charlie will stay right here, where I know you two are safe and protected. Save the argument, Nessa, please."

"Tommy, I don't want you to go..." She gulps.
"I-I have a bad feeling about today, just stay home."

Enamored with her growing care and concern for him, Tommy begins to quaintly grin before leaving a longing kiss to her soft lips.

"I, will be, right back."
His drastic promise calms her nerves... but only by a measly inch.

Tommy leaves Vanessa and Charlie to another day by themselves, soon to realize that he should have listened to Vanessa's worry after all.

"Don't worry Charlie..."
Vanessa sweetly coos the crying toddler as they watch Tommy drive off from the bedroom window.

" Vanessa sweetly coos the crying toddler as they watch Tommy drive off from the bedroom window

"Daddy will be home... Your father may be a lot of things, but a liar, he is not."

—————————

"FUCKING HELL ARTHUR!!!
GET THIS FUCKING BULLET OUT OF ME!"

Tommy wakes up inside the Garrisons pub after being unconscious for the last hour

"For Christ sake Tommy!" Arthur nervously celebrates.
"I thought ye was fucking dead!"

Tommy's pain is excruciating as he yells for his brother's assistance.

One of their men is an absolute rat!
Somehow the Italians knew exactly where the Peaky Blinders would be today, meeting them at the boxing match and injuring Tommy with a flesh wound from a shot that should've killed him.

"Hold tight Tommy!" Arthur encourages.
"We're going to get you to the hospital mate, then we are going to kill the fucking wops that did this to you!
Listen Tommy, as we fled the scene Iwas able to shoot one in the head.
We are down to just three more Italians Tommy, it's almost over."

"Come on!"
Arthur continues.
"We will get you to the hospital!"

"NO!" Tommy shouts frantically.
"The hospital...  It's outside of fucking Birmingham.
We'd be sitting ducks for them again! They are probably waiting there right now just to finish me off!"

"Fucking hell..."
Arthur slicks his hair back as he paces and quietly panics.

"T-Take me to my woman..."
Thomas begins to sway as he turns a violent pale.
Nearing unconsciousness again if he doesn't get help soon.
"She— she went to Nursing school she can help me."

"His woman?"
Johnny Dogs, another trusted member of the Peaky Blinders becomes confused and worried.
"Arthur...
Tommy's losing too much blood mate!
He's becoming delirious, asking for his woman, knowing good and well that Grace Shelby died a year ago!"

"Shut up Johnny!"
Arthur freaks. "I know this, I know!"

...

"Wait."
Suddenly realization sets into Arthur.
"He's not talking about Grace, boys... He's talking about—"

"VANESSA!"
Tommy shouts with his last bits of strength, interrupting his men as he sweats in pure agony.
"Take me home to my girl!"