2

As the morning's sun rises, Vanessa quietly watches as Tommy plays with his son, Charlie Shelby

The toddler snuck inside the bedroom and away from his nanny.
Crawling on his hands and knees, the baby boy wakes them both up in the wee hours of the early morning.
As Tommy sets eyes on his pride and joy, he becomes determined to have him stay a while to play.

Vanessa can't help but notice how cute and heartwarming the two are...

So far, she hasn't regretted accepting her new job... yet.

Tired out from playing, Baby Charlie crawls into the comforting warmth of Vanessa's arms.

Caught off guard she gasps lightly..
Ovaries beginning to ache from the immense cuteness.

Tommy watches, lighting his first morning ciggie as he begins to smile at the sight.
"Reaching for bonus pay already, aye?"

The sight clearly bringing the usually stressed and angry man, unusual joy.

"What can I say?" Vanessa shrugs playfully.
"I am a businesswoman, taking charge is in my blood."

Vanessa mocks him, repeating his same words from the night before. Tommy begins to laugh, enjoying Nessa's company per usual.

"We've got a big day ahead of us."
He sighs, refocusing on the dangers of living in this large mansion.
"We should get packing."

Vanessa nods, placing Charlie on her hip and snuggling him with kisses as if the two were absolutely meant to be.

As the morning prolongs, the maids pack their belongings safely into Tommy's car.

He searches around each end of his Bentley, paranoid and making sure that no bombs were placed as they slept.

Tommy nods. "It's safe."

Vanessa's breathing begins to tremble...

She has no idea what she is doing, dealing with a man that fears the Italian mafia placing bloody bombs in his car during the middle of the night.

Her mother always told her to stay far away from men like Tommy Shelby.

He catches onto Nessa's worry.

Tommy kisses her forehead.
"Not backing out? Are you?"

"Just scared.." She quietly admits.

He caresses the small of her back gently.

"Don't be afraid.
We will have plenty security in Small Heath...
Nothing to worry about."
Tommy checks the bullets in the barrel of his gun, making sure that they are fully loaded before he places it back into his shoulder holster.

Needing to be so prepared with heavy artillery like guns frightens Vanessa even more.

"Tommy?" Vanessa questions.
"Could I put some of the money that I earn away?
I'd like to pay for security for my mother...
The last time I heard from her was when I called her on a payphone back in London...
My ex-fiancé in France tends to get drunk and knock on her door, blaming her for my departure...
It worries me.
Most of the time the neighbors catch him at her door and send him on his way, but my mother is only a little old woman, Tommy... I'd like her to have protection from him."