The Trickster vs The Fool, Part 1

The next day at Sawa high.

Kenji was in the chess club room early in the morning, school had just started so he had some time to kill. He was playing chess by himself, going over moves and even making a few of his one in the meantime. He looked behind him at the window and saw students chatting and talking outside. There his saw Piko talking with a few other girls. "Getting to know the ladies now Bato? Very low information gathering, very low indeed." Kenji thought as he then continued with his game.

However thats when the door to the room would open, Kenji looked up to see nonother than Bato himself. Bato walked in closing the door behind him. Kenji looked at him and leaned back in his chair.

"Ojima, what a suprise." Kenji said "Oh Moriyama, if you knew what I was here about you wouldn't think so." Bato said as he sat across from Kenji. The sound of other students to walking across the hall outside could be heard. The two sat across from one another for a couple of moments before either one of them would speak.

"You know I've come here to handle some business. I don't intend for my time at this school to be long. I have to be getting back soon. The senior program and advisors, demand that there is a constant work flow, between all graduates.

I'm assuming you know that, being in your final years." Bato said. Kenji just stared at him. Bato put his hands together. "I want to be part of the senior program, more than anything. They won't let me do that. You know why? Because they have a spot reserved, for him." Bato said

"What do you want me to say? Hes good. Not as good as me of course, hes good. Kibe always has thi-"

"I KNOW, what he has. Look listen, heh. I need to know that you're with me. Kiko has already aided me once. I need to know that if I call on you, that you will be there too." Bato asked. Kenji thought for a moment. Tapping his foot.

"Hmm, let me think about that. How about, no." Kenji said. Bato stared at him. Kenji looked as Bato then stood up and buttoned his jacket.  "You're cooperation in this is necessary Moriyama, if you don't side with me. Me and my team will assume you're threat. You understand?" Bato asked, Kenji scratched his chin.

"I saw you and Kibe outside when you arrived, you say you have it under control. Yet I'm not seeing that so much from you." Kenji said. Bato's eyes focused on him. The two at a stare down. Bato then just sat back down for a moment. His hand resting on his lap.

"I can't afford to fail at this. All of them are looking and watching me. They want to see exactly what a king can do, and I intend to show them. Kibe believes he's bested me somehow by leaving Japan for a while, little does he know that he's following my strategy to a T." Bato said. "Do you really think you'll win?" Kenji asked.

"What other conclusion could there possibly be." Bato said.

Down the street from Sawa High, Mr.Nakayama was driving with Brandon towards the school. Brandon was leaned far back in his seat while Mr.Nakayama drove. Brandon was going through the files of the white rabbit. He then saw a picture of a familiar face. "Hmmm, Otsuka Takashi. Hes the son of the famous mad hatter Mr.Otsuka. Fascinating." Brandon said

"What is?" Mr.Nakayama asked as he stopped at a light.

"That the police got it so wrong. H-How did you guys come to get Ryota and Takashi as the preps?" Brandon asked as he kept going through it. "Well, they confessed and were able to give motive and careful details of everything the Trickster did. They were the most promising when it came to it. So Ozawa said to book em." Mr.Nakayama said. Brandon shrugged as he looked at the BIO for the Trickster.