-20-

Mumbo was busy in the kitchen, wearing an apron and oven mitts as he fluttered slightly above the ground. The allay pulled a sheet of freshly baked cookies out of the oven. From the kitchen table, Bdubs, Grian, and Scar sat, watching as Mumbo happily continued to bake another batch of goodies.

"It's amazing." Scar said, his eyes lighting up and his smile wide. "It's like he managed to remove all the negative effects from a vex, while keeping all the powers! It's almost more impressive than Doc's original design."

"He's a genius." Grian spoke a bit dreamily, a smile across his face as he watched Mumbo shuffle between the oven and the stand mixer that was spilling cookie dough all over the kitchen counter.

Bdubs looked over at his boyfriend, placing a hand on Scar's hand. "Does that mean...you can survive?" He asked, the vex's blue eyes big and hopeful. Scar was a bit stunned for a moment, before he cast his gaze to the side.

"M-maybe?" He sounded hesitant, reluctant at the idea. To become an allay, he'd need to become a vex again, and that just sounded awful. The mayor shook his head. "It's not something to worry about right now. Why don't we get you changed back first?"

Bdubs looked a bit shocked. "O-oh. Right." He sounded sad, almost disappointed, as his gaze fell to the floor.

Scar frowned, placing a hand on his partner's chin. He lifted the vex's head, allowing for their eyes to meet. "Hey. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just...what if...what if I don't love you when I go back to normal?" Bdubs voice was quiet and shaky, his blue eyes filling with tears. Scar's heart hurt at the question.

"I...I thought you said you loved me before being turned into a vex." He mumbled, Bdubs quickly noticing his boyfriend's saddened expression.

"I-I did!" The vex quickly tried to assure, shaking his head. "It's just...I don't know. I'm just scared, I guess. I don't..I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to leave you, cause..well, cause I really like you, Scar. But...I don't know what thoughts are my own, and which are from me being brainwashed.."

Scar rose from his seat, pulling his hands away from his partner. He looked out the window for a moment, green eyes saddened. "Bdubs..I can't force you to love me, and I can't leave you brainwashed for the rest of your life. I wish I never did any of this in the first place, I wish I never went crazy with all that power...but one good thing came from it all, I guess.."

Bdubs felt his cheeks go a bit pink as he stood up, stepping a bit closer to the mayor. "And...what was that?" He asked, a smirk across his face, while his gaze was loving and dreamy. The vex already knew the answer, but he wanted to hear Scar say it.

Turning back to face Bdubs, the worry in Scar's green eyes faded away. He smiled, stepping a bit closer and cupping his partner's cheeks. "You." He said, pulling the vex closer to connect their lips in a warm embrace. Bdubs shut his eyes and leaned into the kiss, melting into the softness of Scar's lips.

They pulled away at the sound of clanging metal, turning towards Mumbo, who had dropped the baking sheet he had been holding in shock. "YOU TWO ARE DATING!?" He exclaimed, stunned at the sight of Bdubs wrapped in Scar's arms. Grian burst out laughing.

"Yes, you spoon!" He fell out of his chair from laughing so hard, shaking his head at the allay's cluelessness. "They've both been crushing on each other for like, all of season seven?"

Scar's cheeks went red. "Oh no, was it that obvious?"

"Apparently not to me." Mumbo shook his head, bending down and lifting the cookie sheet off of the ground. "Ah, well, cookies are done! Luckily they didn't fall off of the sheet...anyone want some?"