-18-

The door was forcibly kicked open, Doc and Tango rushing into the mayor's bedroom as Cub leisurely strolled in. His smirk was cruel and smug, the vex knowing that he had caught Xisuma in a web of lies. He and Scar shared a glance while walking in, anger clear on his expression. Bdubs was cuddling next to his partner, keeping him from jumping out of the bed, though his expression seemed to be filled with sadness and disappointment.

"Well, well." The leader of the vexes chuckled, both Tango and Doc each holding one of Xisuma's arms to keep him trapped. His head was hung low and he was on his knees, avoiding eye contact.

"Looks like we caught ourselves a traitor, boys." Cub smiled with sharp teeth, the two vex-hermits snickering in response. "Anything you have to say for yourself? Maybe there's something you want to confess? Or do we have to do this the hard way?"

Xisuma looked up, his eyes glazed and foggy behind the tinted visor of his light blue helmet. "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about."

"I know there's something you're hiding from me." The vex insisted, "I recommend you tell me."

Shaking his head, the admin seemed frozen. "I-I really don't know. Please, let me go." He mumbled weakly, sounding timid and frightened.

Cub scoffed, straightening his posture. "Don't make this harder than it has to be, Xisuma. I can just wave my hand and make you tell me."

"Who is Xisuma?! P-please, I haven't done anything!"

Doc and Tango shared an expression of shock with one another, the two releasing their grip on X. "His memories—" the creeper murmured.

"They've been wiped!" The redstoner exclaimed.

Cub's expression morphed into rage as he turned to Scar. "What did you do?! WHAT HAPPENED TO XISUMA?!"

"H-h-he was working on some bugs in the player code." The mayor tried to explain, "Something happened, we don't know what, but he just collapsed!"

"We were about to get help before you barged in." Bdubs said, holding his boyfriend close.

"So what, he just 'accidentally' deleted all of his memory code?" Doc huffed, narrowing his eye in suspicion.

"We don't know! I swear Cub!"

The vex stared at Scar for a few moments. "Tango, you and Joe are back up admins, correct?" He asked, not breaking eye contact.

"Yes, sir. We can take over X's admin duties if need be."

"One of you will be the stand-in admin. The other shall try and recover anything you can from what Xisuma deleted. He's trying to hide something from us, and I want to know what. I don't care how long it takes, just get it done."

"Of course. I'll go inform him right away." Tango said, walking out of the room with movements that were almost robotic.

"What about him, sir?" Doc asked, gesturing to Xisuma. The admin blinked, tilting his head to the side like a confused puppy.

"First—" Cub said, extending his hand out to X. A mysterious aura escaped his fingertips, the light blue magic seeming to fade through his armor. Behind his helmet his eyes began to faintly glow while his posture straightened. "—We must bring him back to our side."

Xisuma blinked, his eyes blank while the wings on his back slightly grew. Doc offered his hand, helping the admin back on his feet. "Take him back to his base. Let him rest. Maybe something could jog his memory, but I doubt it. I'll have Keralis care for him for a while until he proves useful."

Doc nodded, placing a hand on the admin's shoulder before he vanished into a puff of light blue smoke. Cub then turned his attention back to the couple, watching as Bdubs grew visibly defensive, pulling Scar closer to his chest. The vex growled slightly.