43

irl

"i'm walker scobell," you say, trying not to laugh in front of the camera.

"and i'm y/n l/n," walker says, deadpanning.

"and we're with vanity fair, taking a lie detector test," you finish.

"okay. rock paper scissors, loser goes first," walker challenges, hand enclosed in a fist to begin the game.

"oh, its on."

you lose as he beats you with paper, groaning. he pumps the air in triump as you take a seat in front of the interviewer, heart racing.

the interviewer asks you a couple of questions to calibrate the machine; simple stuff like your name and where you were born. then the real questions begin.

"if you weren't playing your character on percy jackson, who would you play?"

"thalia, maybe. or annabeth, even," you reply.

"do you think you would've made a better annabeth than leah?"

"um. no," you say firmly. "leah's an incredibly talented actress and she fits annabeth perfectly. she's also my best friend," you say proudly. you look over at the man sitting in front of the lie detector machine, waiting for his verdict.

"she's telling the truth," he confirms.

"do you have a favourite costar?"

"i love them all equally."

"that's a lie," the man says and you wince, frowning. walker wildly points at himself off camera, mouthing 'it's me, it's me.' you roll your eyes, trying not to smile.

the interviewer moves on. "is walker scobell your boyfriend?"

"yes."

"who fell first?"

"i think i did, but it was very close." silence from the machine man confirms you aren't lying. walker smirks behind the camera.

"do you think he's the best boyfriend you've had?"

"i do," you say solemnly. walker holds a hand over his heart and mouths 'aww' mockingly. you resist the urge to poke your tongue out at him.

"i can't wait till its your turn," you say to him. you were excited to watch him be humbled.

"give him the worst questions," you tell the interviewer, half jokingly. you can hear walker protest in the background. the interviewer doesn't respond, to keep the 'serious' tone of the interview.

"have you ever been jealous of walker's friendships with female costars?"

"no, i don't think i have..."

"she's lying," the machine man says. you say 'oh' under your breath, nodding slowly and wondering who. walker widens his eyes at you curiously with raised eyebrows. you shrug nervously.

then it was walker's turn. he shifts in his seat uneasily, gripping the armchair. you stand behind the film crew and watch in anticipation. they ask him a few introductory questions before delving in.

"who do you think fell first between you and y/n?"

"uhhh.. me, for sure," walker admits with a light chuckle. machine man gives a thumbs up.

"would you pick her over marvel?"

"i'd pick her over anything." he gives you a sincere smile from the chair and you try not to melt.

"that's the truth," machine man verifies.

"who has the better style?"

"ooh, i'm gonna say me," walker says confidently.

"lie," machine man says.

'ha!' you mouth at walker. you do a little happy dance while he shrugs abashedly.

"last one. do you think she is the best female streamer on twitch?"

"in her category? absolutely." he nods firmly.

"that's the truth," machine man adds.