12

irl

the day had come for you to leave. anxiety and uncertainty stirred with a mix of excitement shook you awake bright and early. your bags were packed, and all goodbyes left said except one. walker.

a sharp knock on your front door startles you. behind it, your favourite curly headed blonde stood there, his face lighting up in a grin once you meet his eyes.

"hey-" walker starts, but before he could finish, you take a step forward and wrap him in your arms. he hugs you tightly and you bury your face in his shoulder. he gives you a gentle squeeze and holds you close to him. you could feel his heartbeat thrum against you, warmth radiating from him.

when you pull away, he places his hands on both your shoulders and looks into your eyes sincerely.

"look, whatever it is you're feeling, you're gonna do amazing regardless," walker says, sensing your nervous energy. you take a deep breath in and nod.

"and," he adds. "i'll be thinking of you the entire time you're there."

"don't you do that even when i am here?" your voice tilts playfully and he scoffs. walker walks you to the train station, pulling your luggage despite your protests of 'i can handle it just fine' and 'i don't need you to do that'.

"okay," you say, looking around the platform. "i guess this is it." you reach your arm out and ruffle his soft curls. he scrunches his nose and bats your hand away, a blush staining his cheeks.

as the train pulls in, you hug him one last time, looking up at him as if trying to commit his features to memory as he holds you in his arms.

"okay, i better go," you say reluctantly, not wanting to let go of him.

it happened so quick, your brain barely had time to process it. walker leans in and places a kiss on your forehead, then pushes you gently toward the train doors, waving.

"bye!" he shouts with a smile.

you board the train bound for the airport with your luggage and wave back as the doors shut. you find a seat and search for walker out the window. you can't help but smile when you meet his eyes again.

he doesn't stop waving until the platform is out of sight.

Liked by leahsavajeffries and others

yourusername city lights 💤

View all 1,754 comments

user1 'yourusername is offline' on twitch hurt me

user2 can i sue u for emotional distress

leahsavajeffries we gotta catch up when ur backkk
yourusername absolutely ur the first person im gonna see
    ↳ walker.scobell what about me
       ↳ yourusername no 🤗

user3 ok now jump!
user4 report this loser

user5 can i fast forward to a month already

walker.scobell the lights here are better 🥱
yourusername only better bc we'd be seeing them together
user6 HOLD UP PAUSE
user7 nobody move
user8 shes getting bold