35

messages

leah

heyy since exam szn is over
wanna go bowling n catch up this wknd
u me aryan walker

yesss i'd love to BUT
me n walker
went back to being friends like 3 weeks ago
havent seen him since
so it will be hella awkward
'a break' he said 🙄

seriously
wtf is he thinking
im gonna knock some sense into him
with a baseball bat

LMAO i love u

how r u holdin up?

still kinda pissed
but i cant help but miss him
even tho he screwed me over
hoping that this break will help him
come to his senses

girl trust me he will
if he doesn't then he's not the one
i'll make him see sense dw

thank u <3
what would i do without u

die probably x

irl

there he was, standing at one of the bowling alley lanes. your heart leaps to your throat, frustration rising quickly after.

how could he stand there and look so effortlessly handsome, while you were a mess just at the thought of seeing him today? it wasn't fair. why wasn't he as affected by this like you were?

because he doesn't care, a voice in your head whispers. you stamp it down.

as soon as he notices you and leah walking over, he smiles. and your frustration melts away. it was annoying that he had that effect, that he could make you forget why you were angry at him in the first place.

maybe coming here was a bad idea. maybe it was better if-

"it's nice to see you," walker says sheepishly. was he... nervous? your stop in your tracks. he had the audacity to say that after basically admitting that he didn't want to speak to you anymore because you took up too much of his time.

well, he didn't say that per se, but you had convinced yourself that that's what he meant.

"you too," you say awkwardly, unsure of how to stand or place your hands. were you supposed to hug him in greeting? did you used to do that way before you got together?

you couldn't remember. the memories had blurred together. hell, you couldn't remember the last time he was just a friend to you.

until now, that is.

luckily, aryan saves you from further excruxiatingly uncomfortable conversation by calling your name.

"you're up! time to bowl first," he demands, gesturing to the bowling lane with a flourish.

the game goes on for awhile, and it was easy to forget that things weren't completely normal. at first you were acting that everything was alright for leah and aryan's sake.

but soon, the tension had melted away and it felt like old times. you even bantered with walker for a bit, and a pang in your heart knew that it wouldn't last.

aryan puts something small on walker's shoulder when its his turn at the lane, holding the ball in both hands. walker yelps in alarm, dropping the bowling ball on his foot as he tries to brush it off. then he bends over in pain, half crying out and half laughing.

"i hate you," walker groans and aryan doubles over, laughing while clutching his stomach.

"boys," leah mutters next to you with a shake of her head.

aryan takes the lead towards the end of the game and he pumps his fist in the air in triumph. you clap with your eyebrows raised, impressed, while walker pats him on the back.

after another game in which aryan wins (again), walker says he's hungry so you find a nearby cafe. aryan picks a table and leah slides into the seat next to him, leaving you sitting next to walker.

you panic at the idea of being close to him. you shoot leah a glare, since you were planning on sitting next to her to avoid the tension, but she doesn't notice. his knee touches yours under the table as you try to focus on the menu in front of you.

walker stands up, volunteering to order for the group. aryan and leah tell him their orders. walker points at the item you were going to order on the menu in front of you. "and you want this one, right? i know its your favourite."

your heart warms. "uh, yes please." leah's eyes flit from you to walker. once he walks away she gives you a pointed look, like 'what was all that about?' you shrug.

when the food arrives, walker steals a chip off of your plate. "hey! you have your own!" you exclaim, batting his hand away, but he's too quick, and it disappears in his mouth with a crunch. he gives you a smug grin.

"but your ones look better," he teases. its your turn to take a chip off of his plate and eat it.

"hey!" walker protests.

"its only fair," you retort.

without warning, walker side tackles you into a hug, suddenly play fighting you. he knocks the wind out of you as he pretends to wrestle you into the floor. you lean over to the side from the added weight, laughing. he wraps his arms around you.

he wouldn't admit it, but he missed hugging you more than ever. why had he given this up? he found himself thinking. why had he let his fear ruin what he had with you?

"get off me," you grumble, smacking his back, but he wouldn't let go. when his grip finally loosens, you wiggle out of his reach, breathing heavily.

walker stares at you, your hair messed up and your cheeks pink, and he didn't think you could get any more beautiful.

i miss you, he wanted to say.