36

irl

you were home alone when someone knocked on your front door. you open it to find walker holding a container with your favourite baked dessert inside, which he had made himself.

you could tell he had tamed his hair and put on the cologne you said was your favourite. he even wore the clothes you had told him you liked him in.

it had been two weeks since you last saw him in person, and he still looked as good as ever. your heart hurt just to look at him, the pain and longing of wishing you could call him yours still fresh.

"hey, can we talk?" walker holds out the container in his hands for you to take and looks at you expectantly. "i brought you this." his tone was hopeful. "i... i'm sorry."

anger rises within you. "seriously?" you shout. walker takes a small step back at your tone. "you show up here after almost two months of wanting to just be 'friends', but you never texted, or called, and i've only seen you once!" you cried angrily.

tears pricked your eyes and you beg them to go away. you weren't going to let him see you cry.

walker's mouth gapes open like a fish, about to say something, but you interrupt. "and you think you can win me over with..." you rip the container from his hands and hold it up. "this?"

you were never going to admit how good the dessert looked. you set it down on the shelf by the doorway.

walker hangs his head low. "i thought that it'd be easier on each other if we stopped texting-"

"well," you interject, tone cold, "sometimes, when you really care, it doesn't matter how difficult it gets."

walker recoils at the implied accusation. "i do care!" he bursts out suddenly. "i care too much! i don't know what to do! i think about you without even trying. this is the first time i've felt like this for anyone." the confession spills out of his mouth before he can stop it.

walker's voice grows quiet and shaky. "and it scares me." you take a deep breath, your body calming down.

the words rush out of him, his hands knitting together nervously.

"i can't tell you how sorry i am for pushing you away and how much i regret everything. i am such an idiot, i couldn't see that what we had was worth the world. i thought i would feel better after telling you i needed space, but i felt worse. space wasn't what i needed at all."

he looks down and takes both of your hands in his.

"it was you. it's always going to be you. i won't let you go again."

you meet his eyes, filled with nothing but warmth in them. the air is still, and your heart skips a beat. you can feel his hands shaking in yours. the world seems to fade away around you.

"can we try one more time?"

silence hangs in the air, the weight of the moment bearing down on you both. your response is to fling your arms around his neck. he holds you close, his hand placed on your back soothingly. he never wanted to let you go.

"i love you," he murmurs into your hair.

Liked by nicolassturniolo and others

walker.scobell she didn't win btw

View all 3,721 comments

user1 if walker breaks her heart he better count his days

user2 never doubted them for a second (i was so scared i lost sleep over it)

user3 guys they might still be friends remember what she said stop talking about it!!!!!!
aryansimhadri unfortunately i have seen some things that suggest otherwise

user4 the gods have answered my call
user5 true love is real after all

user6 the way her hand is pressed against the glass  😭😭
user7 IKR LIKE GIVE HER ONE NOWWWW 

yourusername DONT CALL ME OUT LIKE THAT DAMN
walker.scobell revenge for taking my last piece of gum 🤷

user8 DONT BREAK UP AGAIN FOR THE SAKE OF MY MENTAL HEALTH PLEASE

user9 dammit now he's taken again ughhh
user10 go drown in tears
user11 @user9 ikr like y/n downfall when??

user12 thought walker was gonna fumble
user13 imagine fumbling THE y/n like 💀

[ author's note ]

okay back to fluff its my specialty

be grateful i didn't drag out the whole 'just friends' thing and make yall suffer more i am so nice 😊