"Eomma, I'm really hungry and I don't know how to cook. There are no leftovers in the fridge." Taehyung sobs as he tries to remove Yujin's hold on his hair.

"Do you think I care even if you die of hunger right now?! You're just as annoying as that bitch Seokjin! I hate you, don't come near me ever!" Yujin lets go of him and enters her room while cursing the little omega and Seokjin.

The poor boy gently touches the wounds left by Yujin on his wrist. His young mind doesn't understand why his eomma is cruel to him. Aren't mothers supposed to love and protect their kids? He quietly whimpers as he doesn't want Yujin to hurt him again. After a while, he falls asleep on the couch with an empty stomach and an aching arm.

Hojin comes home and sees Taehyung sleeping on the couch. He puts the takeout food to the dining room and goes back to wake up the sleeping boy. He grimaces when he sees the wounds and bruises on the child's arm and wrist. His jaws clench as he abruptly strides towards Yujin's room. He almost breaks the door as he harshly knocks on it

"Oppa, w-what...?" Before Yujin can finish her sentence, Hojin gives her a hard slap on the face. "Why did you slap me? What did I do?" Yujin's eyes widened in disbelief. This is the first time her oppa hits her. He touches her painful cheek, she's sure the slap is going to leave a mark.

"Don't play innocent Yujin! I had enough of you! I have been patient with your shenanigans, but I won't tolerate you abusing that poor boy!" Hojin furiously shouted at her.

"You slapped me because of that pesky kid?" Yujin questioned him. "Is he more important than me, your own sister?"

"Yes, he's more important to me. If you dare hurt him again, we will leave you to rot in this house! I'm not bluffing Yujin! Try me and you will see!" Hojin exits the room while slamming the door behind him.

Yujin starts throwing things inside her bedroom and yells in anger.

Hojin applies ointment on Taehyung's wounds. The little boy winces in pain. Hojin also puts a bandaid on the wounds.

"Why did you disturb your eomma? I already left food for you in the fridge." Hojin asked him.

"Uncle, there's no food in the fridge. I was very hungry and my tummy was aching." Taehyung wiped the tears that start to fall down his cheeks.

Hojin is frustrated with his sister. She even ate the food he left for the boy.

"This is what we are going to do. I will buy a box of cookies for you before I leave for work tomorrow. You can eat them whenever there is no food left in the fridge, okay. Now go and wash your hands, we will have our dinner. I ordered your favorite japchae and fried chicken."

Taehyung nods and runs to the sink. Hojin stares at the boy he considers his own son. He will do everything to protect Taehyung from his sister.

                                       ☕

Jungkook is pacing back and forth in their kitchen. It's Friday evening and tomorrow, they will go to Namseok's house for the weekend playdate. That means he will see Taetae again. The little alpha widely smiles at the thought. He doesn't notice that Chef Yul is already standing beside him. The chef nudges the boy.

"Young sir, what brings you to my humble kitchen. Do you have something you like me to cook for you." Chef Yul asked him while grinning at the young alpha.

"Uhm, can you bake some cinnamon muffins for me tomorrow morning?"

"Aren't you going to Namseok's house. His omega father, Mr. Seokjin is a better chef than me. I'm sure, he will prepare lots of food and snacks for you. After all you're his son's future mate." The chef responded. He's confused why the little boy wants to bring snacks to the Kims. The Kims are as rich as the Jeons, so there's no need for him to bring food.