Chapter 27

Alexis pov

The way things have been going with Ray made me really happy. I felt content with him. One would say we were in a relationship, but we weren't. I think at this point it was unspoken, but I needed to talk to him about it, because I felt ready.

Tonight we were going to go out for dinner. It's Cecelia's last night here. Ray said he reserved us a table at a restaurant where they used to go when his mom was still alive. It used to be their usual spot.

I was really excited for Samuel, since this would be his first time eating outside, in a long time. His health had improved considerably and he was all okay to have food from outside. Actually, he no longer even needed me as a nurse, but since Cecelia was leaving and Ray being busy with work, it was only fair that there had to be someone to look after him. He was still paralysed after all.

After I made sure Samuel was okay, and packed his medicine bag, I left to get ready for the dinner. When I got to my room, there was a bag sitting on my bed. There was a note on it which said, "Wear this tonight".

When I pulled out what was in the bag, I was in utter shock. It was the dress that I had seen on the mannequin when I went for shopping with Ray. I wanted to try it that day, but couldn't. He's unbelievable. First, he got me the white Prada bag, and now this dress. I was overwhelmed with joy, but at the same time I felt like it was all too much.

I immediately put on the dress, and it looked really good

I immediately put on the dress, and it looked really good. It fit me just perfectly. I styled it with jewellery and accessories. Although it was more of a daytime look, but I didn't care because Ray gifted me this and he wanted me to wear it. After makeup, I put my hair in a ponytail and sprayed some perfume.

I was almost going to forgot about the gift I brought for Cecelia. Yesterday when I went to the pharmacy to restock Samuel's medicines, I decided to stop at the nearby Sephora and to buy a few skin and haircare  products for Cecelia. She wasn't very into all that yet; and I wanted to help her find the right products. I bought what ever I thought would be good for her skin type.

As I walked downstairs, the three of them were already waiting for me. Ray was holding a bouquet of flowers. They were tulips. He looked very classy in the black button down shirt that he was wearing.

"These are for my beautiful lady." He said as he gave me the flowers and planted a kiss on my forehead.
"Thank you so much. They're so pretty!" I said. They really were gorgeous.

"Remind me to take pictures with you." Cecelia said as we walked to the car. Because of Samuel's wheelchair, we went in two separate cars. I went with Samuel, while Cecelia and Ray went in another car.

"Are you excited to go out?" I asked him.
"I am. It's been a while since I ate with family." He said.

Samuel started telling me stories from when they used to go to this restaurant. It's called Nineteen-o-Eight because it was first started in 1908. It used to be a small family owned restaurant, but now it had become one of the biggest restaurant chains in the world.