Chapter 15

Alexis pov

While I was packing my bag for the small trip to New York, I realised I didn't have anything to wear for the ceremony. I mean I had a couple dresses, but they were not meant for an occasion as big as this. Plus if I was going as Ray's plus one, I needed to look the part.

Our flight was tonight, but since I had to write down Samuel's routine and explain to Cecelia, I didn't really have much time to go shopping for an outfit.

"Cece, I don't have an outfit." I told her, while I was explaining to her Samuel's medicine chart.
"Oh my! Really?" She got worried.
"Give me a minute." She said as she went away to check something on her phone.

"Who will give me injections now?" Samuel asked me.
"Don't worry, Mr. Armstrong. You'll be taking the injections in the tablet form." I assured him.

He was telling me of the places I should visit. He told me to have the classic New York pizza, amongst many other things. He was excited for me.

"Okay listen." Cecelia got back and said.
"You don't have to worry about the outfit. Just send me your location and I'll have someone drop an outfit for you." She said.
"Wait, what? Just like that?" I was confused.

"Yes. I know a designer. He'll send a dress for you with the accessories and everything."
"But how would they know my measurements?" I asked.
"Don't worry darling. They have a standard size, which I'm sure will fit you." She said. I was a bit relieved to know that. But then I was concerned about the price.

"Uh Cecelia.. how do I pay them? What if it's too expensive?"
"Oh my gosh, why do you worry so much!? My brother will take care of that." She assured me.
• • •

It was time for us to leave. Samuel was there to bid goodbye to us. He called me closer to him and said,
"You take care of my son like you take care of me, okay?" He said while he asked to shake my hand.
"I can't promise, but I'll try." I said as I shook his hand.

We got into the Rolls Royce, and drove to the airport. We obviously did not speak for the entirety of the car ride. Neither did we speak until we got on the plane.

Holy shit. I realised we were flying in first class. I could have never imagined myself to fly first class, but here I was. We were offered complimentary champagne, and a snack. This airlines looked pretty bourgeois because they had fully reclining seats, with workstation and TV, surrounded by privacy dividers. It was a different world.

I think k remained agape for a little too long because Ray was now looking at me.
"This is pretty damn cool." I told him.
"Yeah, I know." He said nonchalantly. Of course.

I spent the rest of my flight journey taking advantage of the first class amenities, and having the best time I could. I felt a little out of place in the beginning, but the flight attendant was very sweet, and helped me out. Once I was more familiar with everything, I was on my own.

I watched Princess Diaries, and Hannah Montana. It made me feel nostalgic. I took a small nap, and all the while that I was awake, I didn't speak with Ray. Once he had said something but I acted like I was sleeping.

We landed in the morning. I was in NEW YORK CITY. Alexis Williams had made it to New York! I couldn't believe it.

Ray had brought Emmanuel with us too. So he drove us around in New York City. I watched all the buildings go by, all the familiar scenery that I had always watched in the movies and shows. I felt giddy inside because I was so happy to be here.