4. Meet me on the west side

Y/N's POV

It's been a week since me and Ariana last hung out, that was the wine night. I really miss her but I don't think I'm able to see her and not do something stupid, plus she's probably busy. We're still friends and all but none of us have asked to hang out. We've been sending a few texts, good morning's and how are you's.

I'm laying in my bed now, 7PM. I just came home after a shift as a part-time kindergarten teacher. I stayed a little longer with a girl who's parents had to work late. I don't like this job very much but me and Angie are still in a little money crisis. Angie is at work right now, I honestly forgot what it is she works as now. I know Ariana would help us out if I asked but i couldn't ask her, I've only met her twice.

She's a huge pop star and all, I don't know why I actually thought me and her could be friends, I'm just grateful I got to be friends with her for a little while. But I couldn't stop thinking about her, she's the only one on my mind ever since I met her, before that as well but not in the same way.

I was brought back from my thought by my phone who vibrated, a text from Ariana.

New texts today 7:22PM
Ariana: Hi Y/N, I know we haven't been talking very much lately and it's all my fault I'm sorry. I wanna make up for it, meet me on the west side of town near the bakery.

Y/N: Hi! It's my fault as well! I'll meet you there, when?

Ariana: In like half an hour

I smiled so hard while texting her. I never thought she'd wanna see me again, even though it was only in a friendly way I still felt so genuinely happy. I texted Angie to tell her that I'd go see Ariana and didn't know when I would be back.

I fixed my makeup before walking to my closet, what the hell should I wear? I decided on a basic white long sleeved shirt with some blue baggy jeans. The weather was pretty cold now so I threw on a black leather jacket.

The bakery she meant was only two blocks away from my apartment so I decided to walk. I locked the door before walking out in the almost freezing air. I was nervous, I don't know if it's something special she wants to say or not. To calm my anxiousness I put on my Ariana grande playlist on shuffle in the car.

Just let me be in your life like that
Be your wife like that
I'll bring the light right back
I'll bring the life right back

I arrived outside the bakery, the sun was still up but looked like it'll go down sooner or later. I waited for her, my fingers wrapped around one another. That's when I see the short blonde girl with a slick back ponytail walking up to me, she actually looks like a goddess.

I guess god is a woman.

I smiled widely, maybe too much but i couldn't stop myself.

"Hey" she said giving me a quick hug.

"Hey yourself" I responded, fuck, why am I so damn weird when I'm nervous?!

She just chuckled and so did I to play it off.

"The sun is about to set, I know a place" she said taking my hand in hers as she began to walk.

My face flustered even though I tried to keep my cool.

We only walked for 5 minutes until she motioned me to sit down next to her on a huge rock. I did and we watched as the sunset began, over the pinky ocean. Her head gently fell on top of my shoulder and I felt her ponytail brush against my back. I didn't move, scared to fuck up her position.

"I missed you" she blurted out keeping her eyes on the sun. I looked at her and almost teared up, I don't know why, this was just such a beautiful moment.

"I missed you too, Ariana" then I did something I knew I'd regret, I kissed the top of her head.

I felt the surprise she got but she seemed... happy? That's when she sat up more and turned to me, I looked at her in deep regret, but before I could say anything she kissed me, passionately.

I didn't expect it but I gladly kissed her back. My hand cupped her cheek. This wasn't like our sloppy drunk kiss, this is more genuine and beautiful, she's beautiful.

When we pulled away we just stared at each other, the pink light from the sunset made the shadows of her dimples on her cheeks even bigger which made her even prettier, I didn't think that was even possible. My hand was still on her cheek and i caressed it with my thumb. Our eyes still locked at one another's.

Ariana's POV

All I have been thinking about this past week is Y/N. Today I just had to do something so I asked her to meet me here, the place only me and my grandfather used to go to. This is a very special place to me, you might think that it's too early for me to take Y/N here but it just felt right.

When she kissed the top of my head I felt this amazing feeling running down my spine and I just kissed her, it just happened and it felt right. I don't know if this is the right thing to do, it probably isn't but I give zero fucks. Even though my divorce happened 2 weeks ago I knew I couldn't get over it without Y/N.

She brushed a hair strain behind my ear, that's when I couldn't hold it in anymore, "Y/N, I have to ask you something"

"Sure, I'm all ears"

She's the cutest when she's nervous, making me smile before continuing, "this past week you're all I could think about and... I guess what I wanna ask is... are you ready for me? I'm not 'just a human' I still am a person who's life is all over social media 24/7, are you sure you can handle that? I don't wanna hurt you"

She hesitated, fuck! But then she spoke, "Ariana, the moment I met you, I realized you're not only my idol, you're the person I wanna spend the rest of my life with wether or not it's public or not"

I smiled. "You sure?"

"Yes, yes I am sure"

I hugged her and kissed her cheek. "Thank you" I whispered.

"Thank you" she answered in the same tone, hugging me back.

I'm extremely lucky.
________________

A/N
This was a little shorter then usual but not super! Did not read this through either! I'm so grateful for you who's reading this! Thank you all! Don't forget to vote and comment, love you all!