1. Imagine in New york

Y/N's POV

"Fuck I'm gonna late!!" I whine running around my apartment looking for my car keys.

"What are you looking for, sugar?" The brunette woman said leaning against the door frame looking at me running around.

She's my roommate Angelina. No one calls her that though, people call her Angie, except for me who calls her Angel cause she really is one. Me and Angie have been friends since literally forever, our moms are best friends and they (intentionally) became pregnant around the same time, so me and Angie were literally made to be best friends.

"You know what, fuck it, I'll walk" I say stressed out.

"If I had a driver's license and a car I promise I'd drive you, have a nice time at work sugar"

"Well thanks I guess, see you later Angel" With that I practically ran out the door to our apartment.

I have different part-time jobs until I get a real job here in New York. Me and Angie moved here last week from Chicago, it had always been a dream of ours to live together in New York. Our apartment wasn't the best but it's what we can afford and it's in New York so we aren't complaining.

I'm speed-walking to the cafe I'm working at for now, as a cleaner. I finally find my AirPods in my very unorganized bag, and start to listen to Ariana Grande. Damn her music always calms me down and puts me in a better mood.

Kiss me and take of your clothes
Imagine a world like that

I hum with the beautiful melody to her song imagine. Even though people walking past me probably think I'm weird for it i couldn't care less, it's Ariana grande, how could I not sing along?

While walking down the street I suddenly see a bunch of paparazzi from a distance, i couldn't see who they were taking pictures of because the persons bodyguards were standing around them. I've never met a celebrity in my life so even though it was the wrong direction and I was already late for work I just had to see who it was.

The streets weren't very crowded since it was still pretty early and most stores hadn't opened yet.

When I came closer I took out one of my AirPods to try and listen to whatever the paparazzi were asking the celebrity but i couldn't make out words. Then when I finally saw who the person was that was being photographed my jaw dropped to the ground.

THE Ariana Grande.

I didn't want to be rude or anything but this girl was my world, she helped me through everything, seriously everything, when life was hard I put on her music and drifted off to a better place. She is the nicest person on earth, and let's not forget probably the most beautiful one too.

I just had to go up to her, so I did. Her bodyguards pushed me away but honestly if this was as close as I'll ever get, I'm more then thankful. She's even more beautiful in real life then online, her beautiful blonde hair in a simple slicked back ponytail, light make up and simple clothes, she still looked like a dream.

Her eyes looked up at me and i couldn't believe she looked at me!! But what surprised me even more is that she stopped and stared at me. Aren't I the only one who should be staring? Her bodyguard stepped in front of her but she told him it was okay and stepped closer to me.

I couldn't process what was happening, I think I held my breath the entire time and my heart definitely skipped a lot more beats then it should've.

What am I doing? I have to speak! I probably look like a weirdo staring at her!! "Hi omg! I mean hi... hello, I'm uhm... I'm Y/N, I love you so much this- wow!" Shit, I fucked up.

She chuckled. "Hi Y/N" she smiled, at me.

I stood there is disbelief a few more seconds before clearing my throat. "If it's okay, I'd like to take a picture, like with you, a selfie you know, we don't have to, I mean I want to bu-"

"Yes Y/N I'll take a picture with you" she cut me off in my ramble.

"Okay" I smiled nervously taking my phone. I forgot to turn off the music from my AirPods that I had thrown inside my bag so she saw imagine playing. She smiled seeing it and I nervously did too as I went into the camera app to take a selfie.

I noticed the stupid huge smile on my face that I knew I had done the entire time. At least I got the picture with her.

"Thank you, thank you so much, I'm sorry for interrupting I should leave you alone" I say as I realized that she must be busy and now I'm here fan-girling.

"No no, don't be sorry Y/N, here, let me give you my number" she smiled holding out her hand for my phone.

I never in a million years thought THE Ariana grande would ever give me her phone number!! I gladly gave her my phone without hesitating, it's crazy how this is the first time I meet her yet I trust her with my life.

After she put her number in my phone she smiled and waved goodbye and I did the same before she walked away leaving me completely stunned, what just happened?

I knew I was SUPER late for work but honestly I had to process this first. I stood there just looking at her as she walked away. Something that surprised me is that when she walked past other fans she quickly took a picture or wrote an autograph but she was never the way she was with me, I didn't know what to think.

I couldn't think so much either because my boss called, not really my boss since I only have a part time job but the guy I'm working for. I quickly answered hoping to come up with some good excuse.

"Y/N, where are you?" He asked.

"Sorry Jonas, I'll be in soon, max 10 minutes, my friend uh... her dog died so I had to help her, sorry I'm on my way now though" I lied of corse, even though meeting Ariana should be a valid excuse it unfortunately isn't.

All I could think about the whole way to work and at work was meeting Ariana and her giving me her number, it didn't feel real.

"You seem distracted Y/N, everything alright?" A guy named Eliot, also working in the cafe but as a barista asked.

"The craziest incident happened this morning, you'll never guess who I met"

"Who?" Eliot asked.

"Ariana grande"

"You're lying! What? Isn't she like your all time celebrity crush?"

"She's my all time favorite person ever! And no I'm not lying, look!" I showed him the picture I took with her.

"Wow Y/N! I didn't even know she was in New York"

"Me neither! She even gave me her number!" I showed him.

"What? That's crazy Y/N! You should text her"

"What are you crazy?! No I can't! It's super weird, she's gonna think I'm weird"

"She gave you her number, she didn't give you it for no reason, Y/N"

"Guess you're right, I'll do it after work"
______________

A/N
So what do we think? Is it super bad? It was so fun writing this!! I have a few ideas for this story, well only a plot. I really hope you all like this and don't forget to vote and comment!!