I shook my head, then lowered my eyes to his bare chest, feeling my face heat up even more.

"It's okay." Alaric muttered. I felt his lips brush my hair, his grip on my waist firm. "I don't quite understand it all myself." He sighed as he pulled me into a hug. I drew my hands to my chest and snuggled into him, feeling the heat of his skin through my clothes.

"But I do know one thing." He ran a hand through my hair. "I'm not going to hurt you."

I never thought he would anyway. Over the last few days, Alaric had been nothing but attentive, kind and friendly. He hadn't done anything to make me feel unsafe. Or scared.

Apart from the night of his party.

Feeling a chill run along my spine, I froze as an image of him on the floor, looking at me with wide eyes, flitted across my mind.

He'd had silver eyes that night, too.

What did this mean? Was he ... going to start acting like he did that night?

I felt his arms tighten around me, his nose buried in my hair.

"Don't be scared, Radley. No one will hurt you. Not ever. Not with me around." He sounded so sure of himself. Like he was always going to be around to protect me.

Warmth spread throughout my body, settling in my chest. The anxiety that had gripped me only seconds ago started to ebb, being replaced with a sense of peace once more.

Was it because his words had hit a little deeper than I first thought?

My mind was starting to feel fuzzy again, like I couldn't quite get a grip on any one single thought.

But that didn't mean I didn't like where I was right now. And who I was with.

How could I jump from one emotion to another so quickly?

Alaric sighed, his lips brushing over my hair once more. I felt his hands move under my hoodie, then grab the hem and pull the material over my head. Tossing my top over his shoulder, he ran his warm hands along my bare chest, then down over my flat stomach. I didn't have the body he did. Nor his build. Or even his height.

But that didn't mean I didn't feel safe. Protected. If anything, I felt safer right here, right now, than I had in a very long time. Just like Alaric said.

He gripped my waist to lift me a little off of the ground and then threw me backwards, my back bouncing on the mattress of his bed.

My heart crashed against my ribs as Alaric lowered his very naked body over mine.

Oh my god.

He rested his weight on his elbows, leaning down to run his nose along mine, then planted a kiss on one cheek, on the tip of my nose, then on the other cheek. Smiling, he reached up to kiss my forehead, then back down to kiss my lips.

"Beautiful," he whispered as he kissed my chin, then moved lower to press his lips against my throat.

My arms wrapped around his neck as he pressed kiss after kiss across my throat, collarbone, shoulders. My skin prickled pleasantly wherever his lips landed, and a shiver ran along my spine.

This felt ... good.

Sighing contently, I pulled Alaric closer, feeling his firm body pressing against mine. Lifting himself up on his hands, he gazed down at me, the smile still tugging at his lips.

"Let me make you feel good," he murmured, before pressing his lips to mine in a quick kiss, then dropping another kiss on my throat, one more on my chest, another on my stomach.

My heart picked up the pace, hammering strongly against my ribs. My cock twitched to life once more as Alaric made his way down my body, his head stopping at my crotch. He pressed his face into my groin, sniffing and groaning.

Oh my god.

A moan bubbled up my throat and I grabbed fistfuls of the sheets beneath me. I felt him bite my erection gently through the denim of my jeans and I squeezed my eyes shut, my breath coming out in pants.

I was feeling ... good.

So good.

Alaric's hands fumbled with the button of my jeans, then the zipper ... and before it completely registered, my jeans were off of my legs and his face was in my groin again, sucking my arousal through the thin material of my boxers.

Oh.

He moaned, the vibration sending shock waves through my body and my back arched off of the bed, while a gasp escaped my lips.

His fingers hooked under the waistband of my boxers and, unlike what he did with my jeans, he slowly ... oh so painfully slowly ... pulled my boxers over my hips, along my thighs, down over my knees ... lower ... lower ... lower ...

Cool air teased my cock, but it did nothing to stop the twitching.

Blowing out a breath, I opened my eyes and looked down, only to meet Alaric's blue eyes. Dark lust swirled in those blue depths and, in one smooth move, he sucked me into his mouth, his gaze on my face.

Oh god!

Swirling and licking, teasing and lapping, Alaric's tongue was relentless in its assault on my cock. I squeezed my eyes shut once more, unable to stop the noises that fell out of my mouth.

His hands ran along my thighs, kneading the flesh. His skin had cooled, but his touch was still warm. And very welcomed.

I groaned as I felt him lick the tip of my dick, his tongue darting into the slit.

Yes.

That felt ... so good.

That familiar tightness pooled deep in my stomach, letting me know I was close.

So close.

Alaric released me with a pop, but his hands replaced his mouth, his fists whipping up and down, squeezing gently.

I cried out as my back arched again, my head pressing into the mattress.

"Beautiful," Alarick muttered, his mouth close to my groin. I felt his breath fan across the base of my dick as he nudged my legs open a little more.

Taking me into his mouth once more, I pressed my head back against the pillows, feeling him working his tongue to bring me closer ... closer ... closer ...

Yes.

One last lick of Alaric's tongue pushed me over the edge and my body locked as I released into his mouth.

Oh my god!

His name was on my lips as I cried out and he continued to suck each drop that was pumped into his mouth until I sagged against the pillows, completely spent.

Crawling back up the bed, Alaric nudged me a little so that he could grab the sheets thrown to the side of his bed. Stretching out next to me, he tossed the blankets over us, wrapped me in his arms and brushed his hand through my hair.

"Sleep," he whispered, his lips brushing against my ear. My body almost immediately obeyed as I snuggled deeper into his arms, content, and felt sleep tugging at the edges of my mind.

My head felt less fuzzy as questions were trying to force their way through. But sleep was calling me and I felt myself floating.

Questions can wait till the morning.