𝓍𝓍𝒾𝒾𝒾. ━━━ the good side

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

»»——— 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑———««
╰┈➤ ❝ [The Good Side] ❞
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I rebel, therefore I exist."
– Albert Camus

ˏˋ°•*IT HAD BEEN FOUT DAYS SINCE KAISA LAST heard about Finnick. Each day has been a torturous test for her. She was tied to a chair and forced to listen to stories about the rebels. She was constantly fearing who she met and it was taking its toll on her. Even though her efforts to stay strong, the endless cycle of torture and sorrow was starting to wear her down.

Kasia didn't have a choice but to believe what the capitol told her, that her fate was a result of Katniss' acts. Although she knew deep down that this was not the case, she was willing to believe anything that would spare her from more suffering.

After all the torture, she was sent into a black and confined room. She took her knees back to her chair and stayed in that position until she could fall asleep, which didn't happen. She was trembling while murmuring things that could maybe make her keep her sanity. It was like that over and over until it made her lose her head.

Kasia muttered things her dad told her. He was the only person she could trust, but she was in the Capitol and she had no way to know he was safe. Maybe he got taken by the rebels and he was getting the same treatment as her.

Kasia found herself in a state of confusion. She struggled to differentiate between the actual events of the games and the fabricated ones. So she placed her trust in the Capitol and its leader, President Snow. He was the one able to provide her answers.

The man believed that Katniss needed to be killed, she needed to be killed by Kasia and herself only. That's what she holds on to every day and night. She needed to take revenge for Finnick and his supposed death.

KASIA WATCHED AS JOHANNA WAS DOUSED WITH water in the adjacent room and then sent electrical shocks. Despite being one of the people who suggested this punishment, she seemed indifferent to her friend's pain.

After Kasia found out the girl was here too, she heard everything she had done to Finnick in the previous years. How she was menacing him and how Johanna tried to kill him repeatedly.

Kasia escaped her thoughts to observe Johanna let out a piercing shriek, her eyes wide with horror. "You're a monster!" she cried out, her voice breaking with emotion. Kasia couldn't help but smile when she heard the familiar nickname, even though she knew it wasn't meant as a term of kindness.

After her transformation, she was hardly recognizable. The once gentle and caring person was now replaced by a wicked version of herself. People who had known her during her first games assumed that this was the real her all along. She no longer felt any love or guilt, and her mind was consumed with anger and rage.

In her distorted view, she believed that this was the best version of herself, taking pleasure in causing harm to others. The Capitol turned her into the weapon they needed against Katniss.

Kasia thought that she was important and that she was gonna make them win, what she didn't know was that Peeta had a bigger role in this war.

Johanna was in a pitiful state, with her head completely bald and her clothes torn to shreds. As she looked around, all she could feel was an intense hatred towards Kasia and President Snow. This feeling was like nothing she had ever experienced before, it was so overwhelming, it consumed her entirely.

After Kasia had reached Johanna's limit, the guards took care of her, taking her to her 'room'. Kasia sat in a corner, sobbing. It was at this moment that she realized the kind of person she was slowly turning into.

As she looked at a glass bottle quietly standing in the room, she shattered it into a million pieces. And the millions of pieces caused many scars down her wrists and thighs.

She caused them.

But when the night was over and that she went back to her torture she didn't feel the same as she did earlier. Her scars were still red and painful, but that didn't make the Capitol stop their work.

The following day, she got interviewed by Ceaser and was ordered to never talk about Finnick's death. She was told that they were the only ones to know it yet and divulging this could create a bigger conflict.

Kasia was not going to complain. Talking about her lover was something she hated doing, knowing that he could never listen to it. She just wished that, on the other side of the screen, somewhere in the sky, Finnick was watching, and he would be proud of her. He would be proud to see her take the good side.

"I hope they know there's no war. You just have to choose the good side," Kasia sobbed as Ceaser nodded.

During her interview, her eyes caught sight of a familiar face, Peeta. She could recognize him instantly, but the changes in him were evident, just like the ones in her. As she saw him, she felt an urge to talk to him, to understand what happened and what led to their current situation.

She tried to speak out, but she couldn't, now she was just another subject of the Capitol. Kasia thought that Johanna and Peeta needed punishment for letting Finnick die, since not doing anything was way worse than a betrayal.

And no one betrays Kasia Hendrix.

*ೃ༄ *ੈ✩‧₊˚