𝓋𝒾. ━━━ monster

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

»»——— 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔———««
╰┈➤ ❝ [Monster] ❞
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Change the game,
don't let the game
change you."
– Macklemore

IN THE WAITING ROOM, EVERYONE WERE QUIET NOT wanting to let out a single sound. They were waiting for their names to get called so they could do their Individual assessment.

The mere act of waiting in this place brought back a flood of memories from her past. She felt like a helpless child again, desperate to survive the Games. The memories had resurfaced at a particularly unsuitable moment, causing her leg to tremble uncontrollably as she sat there.

She struggled to keep her composure. her black shoe made noises every time her leg trembled to touch the ground again.

Nash pressed his hand over her thigh taking her hand at the same time.

"Hey, look at me. It's gonna be alright."

"We'll all be dead, almost all of us, I can't kill again." She kept the tears from falling down her cheeks, she had pretended for too long.

She just needed to pretend again for them. The other Tributes couldn't think she was weak.

"It's not started yet okay, you won't have to kill anyone in the room."

"But I'll have to in the arena. I hate it, I would have to kill to survive. I don't want to be this monster."

Everyone in the room was just as worried as her. Kasia was maybe more scared than the first time she was waiting there. She thought that after her first game, it would be easy to think about her victory. It wasn't. It was nothing but easy, it was maybe worse than the first time.

"You're not a monster."

"You don't know me then." Nash did know her, but he wasn't as scared as her.

"I know exactly who you are, and that matters so much more than the Games." He responded, but his name got called by the voice leaving Kasia and the two District after her, behind him.

"District 10, Nash Madden. Report for an individual assessment."

She smiled good luck to him and tried to think of something else. She thought of what she could do, her knife skills were maybe her strongest ability. A blood taste started in her mouth since she bit it so hard.

She was just going to show her skills, no need to worry, yeah. No need to worry. A voice woke her from her thoughts. She swears Nash just got called, but the man calling her name disapproved of her thinking.

"District 10, Kasia Hendrix. Report for an individual assessment."

Kasia felt her heart pounding in her chest as she stood up, gazing at Peeta and Katniss who looked equally nervous. Despite her inner turmoil, their friendly smiles helped calm her nerves a little. As she started walking towards the door, she couldn't help but wonder if they knew she wanted to ally with them.

She couldn't recall having mentioned it. However, if Finnick had talked with them before, it wouldn't be a complete surprise. Kasia took a deep breath and braced herself for whatever lay ahead.

She caught a quick glimpse of the spacious room, its entrance flanked by two imposing Peacekeepers. The heavy door creaked open, revealing Nash walking out with a determined gait.

Her eyes were drawn to the chest of a mannequin with Snow's name on it. She observed around the room, looking for her usual knives when Plutarch's voice called her.

The middle-aged man was standing on the other side of the force field with other Gamemakers sitting on his side.

"Miss Hendrix, you have 10 minutes to present your chosen skill."

She knew Nash would be in trouble for doing this, the spear was okay. But writing the president's name on it was not the most brilliant idea.

Kasia grabbed two other mannequins and placed their finger to create the District 12 three-finger sign. Even though she wasn't from this District, everyone knew what happened to those using it.

As she rummaged through the "Snow" chest, her eyes fell upon a spear. With gentle hands, she picked it up and placed it into the hands of the mannikins that lay scattered around the room. The girl noticed that they were struggling to stand upright, so she quickly thought of a solution.

She grabbed the nearby table and flipped it on its side, using it as a support for the mannikins. With a sense of satisfaction, she stepped back and admired her handiwork. The scene in front of her looked almost lifelike as if the mannikins were real beings caught in a moment of action.

The scene was eventually visible by the Gamemakers who seemed disturbed by the two Tributes' chosen skills.

The dead President was standing with the spear going all through his body pinning him at the table. The two tributes were holding hands and their free hands were making this rebellion sign.

The creators stood there, perplexed and speechless, as Plutarch gave her a cold, blank smile as she walked away without saying a word. The room suddenly felt empty and quiet, leaving the creator to wonder about what she had done.

"Thanks for your time."

*ೃ༄ *ੈ✩‧₊˚