ℴ. ━━━ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

»»——— 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ———««
╰┈➤ ❝ [Quarter Quell] ❞
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Sometimes even to live
is an act of courage."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca

ˏˋ°•* WALKING ALONE IN THE DISTRICT 10 street was something she hated most of all. After surviving the Hunger Game, everyone looked at her weirdly, wherever she went.

She hated being watched by the capitol most of all. She knew that after winning the games, they would not leave her alone. She had to to teach the new tribute how to fight as a mentor. Last year, it was her and Nash's responsibility.

The two tributes chosen for the 74th ended up dying quickly by the career tribute. But surprisingly it wasn't even one of them that won. It was peeta en katniss.

Their love was strong enough to let Seneca Crane make them win. Maybe they were lying the whole time, but Kasia thought they were cute. She hadn't have any romance in her life beside the book she read.

Katniss was the start of the rebellion in the district. The girl on fire, the girl everyone wanted to be. But Kasia wasn't one of them. She knew how she felt even if they didn't know each other.

She remember her own mentor being Kristell Tanner. Some years after her win, she died and that was Kasia herself that found her death body, a gun in her hand. Leaving her as the only remaining female victor from her district.

She flinched at the memory of it. The only thing that was good about winning was that she didn't have to see anyone dead body again. Well she thought.

She took some time to find the berries she was looking for in her garden. She planned on making many jam to sell or give to Tobias. Even in the district 10, people didn't have much money.

Most habitant owned a farm with many animals that would end up getting killed for food. Her dad own one, well Tobias.

She was just a little kid when he found her crying and almost frozing to death. She hadn't many memories of her biological parents, but Tobias took care of her like her real father. She didn't even know how she ended up up here, but she supposed they got killed.

She was scared for the little kid that would be chosen this year. Scared that she couldn't help them to survive just like the others years.

When she had enough berries in her basket. She walked back to the victor village. Where her new house was.

The house was different from Tobias farm, but it was still cozy. It allowed her too talk to Nash often, since he was also a winner living next door.

Sometimes she went to her father's farm to make sure he was doing alright and the other way around.

The winner opened her door and saw the house was in the same way she left it. Since the peacekeeper came into her house she hated leaving the door unlocked, which wouldn't stop the peacekeeper of entering it was locked indeed.

She looked over at the dinning table with her book closed resting peacefully. She found it in Miss Clover library, telling her she would love it with a smirk. She didn't not understand at first but now she do.

The blue cover and the 'twisted love' tittle didn't not seem like a book of that type.

The glanced at the kitchen counter and noticed the the smell of fresh carnation flower on her dinning table.

"Hello?" She whispered, realizing someone had changed them.

"Nash? Is that you?" She walked slowly.

A loud noice came from the bathroom and the door opened.

"Oh Kas, I'm sorry I didn't want to scare you I thought we would be watching Snow's speech together, you know for the Quarter Quell." He smiled not bothering the heart attack she almost made.

Oh, the Quarter Quell. The one thing that happened every 25 years and that nobody wanted to be chosen for.

"Right, I forgot." She simply responded dropping her  basket somewhere on a counter and locking the entrance door.

"Oh and for the flowers, I saw them in sell this morning and I thought of you! Since they are the same you used to-"

"I know." I cuted him. "The same one I gave to the person I killed."

That was she did back in the arena. To feel less bad about her murder, she gave them a pink carnation she tied around each wrist of the victim. The games were full of them and each time she killed, she saw more of those until the arena was full of it when she did her final fight.

"Hey, it's okay we won, you won't live that again, I promise you." Nash said bringing her closer to him in a warm hug, realizing he probably shouldn't have bring them.

Kasia knew what he was referring too, that final fight was with her friend, her allies. Annie. She deserves to win more than her, but they had too fight until they were one. And that last was Kasia.

The casual Panem anthem started playing in the living rooms alerting them President Snow was about to speak.

The screen lighted up, showing a old looking man hosted by many screams and claps. She sat in the couch and her friend followed her within a second squeezing her hand hard enough that soon there wouldn't be any blood circulation.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the 75th year of the Hunger Games. More applause. And it was written in the charter or the Games that every 25 years, there would be a Quarter Quell to keep fresh for each generation the memories of those who died in the uprising against the Capitol. Each Quarter Quell is distinguished by Games of special significance. And now on this, the 75th anniversary of our defeat of the rebellion, we celebrate the third Quarter Quell as a reminder that even the strongest cannot overcome the power of the Capitol."

Kasia sit back trying to find a comfortable position. What did he mean with the strongest? She thought.
After hearing again the loud cheering, he spoke back.

"On this, the third Quarter Quell Games the male and female Tributes are to be reaped from the existing pool of Victors in each district."

"No..." Muttered Nash at the exact time de finished.

Kasia stopped moving, locking herself in Snow's wicked smile. She did not say anything realizing what was gonna happen. She was the last female victor. She had to go back.

Tears fell down her cheeks but her mouth did not move. Nash had maybe a chance not to go back. But she didn't.

*ೃ༄ *ੈ✩‧₊˚