𝓍𝒾𝓍. ━━━ midnight

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

»»——— 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗———««
╰┈➤ ❝ [Midnight] ❞
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Temper us in fire,
and we grow stronger.
When we suffer, we survive."
- Cassandra Clare

ˏˋ°•*NASH WAS DEAD. NASH WAS DEAD. NASH IS DEAD. She repeated over and over in her head falling at her knees. She didn't need to see the murder of her friend. The trident used for that could only be Finnick's.

Her tears were not from scariness anymore but from his death. Yet, he tried to kill her, but she managed to still cry his death.

She used to enjoy his company more than anything, being the only one she could trust. Nothing could fill this void in her. Something was missing.

Soon Finnick joined her side carefully. He tried to slow down her tears by pulling her in his embrace but she resisted by punching him away.

"You killed him!" She screamed not even minding to be discreet anymore. Kasia knew he did the right thing, but her heart could not accept it.

"He was trying to kill you, you cannot tell me he was acting normally!"

"That's what I wanted. I wanted it." She reaped like a prayer. Her voice was getting weaker and the only thing she could do was let her tears consume her.

"I promised..." He gasped for breath. "That I would protect you. And I intend to keep the damn promise."

She couldn't remember the time he promised this, but she knew that he would respect it. He wasn't the type to make fake promises.

"Come on, come here," Finnick whispered so quietly that only she could understand. He grabbed the back of her head bringing her to his shoulders. She did not move this time and hugged him tightly.

Kasia could not quite explain what she was feeling, her heart and her mind did not agree together. She hated herself for trusting Nash, hated that she was once reliant on him and hated that she was now crying his dead. But another part of her was sad that her one and only partner in crime was gone, that she would not laugh at his jokes anymore.

The worst part was that she needed him, he didn't need her.

He pressed a quick kiss on her forehead before helping her stand up against her wish. "We need to get back to the others."

The girl responded with a nod and jogged away with him. Finnick pulled out his trident from the lifeless body making her peek at her friend for the last time.

"Goodbye, Nash." She murmured even if he couldn't hear her.

Finnick's had a hold around her waist that was strong enough so she would not go away. The two of them tried to make their way to the lightning tree where it was obvious that Katniss currently was. They ran through the jungle carefully as if the careers could arrive at any time.

Kasia knew the tree was a few feet away from them and suddenly a flash of light emitted ahead, and her mind directly went to Beetee. Finnick was with her and Peeta probably left to see Katniss which meant he was alone.

"Beetee." She stated looking at Finnick with wide alert eyes. They didn't get more time to think about his faith when they heard Katniss yell in the distance, "Peeta! Peeta!"

Finnick looked ahead and started walking faster, getting Kasia with him. They rushed to the voice, meeting Beetee's unconscious body on the ground.

"Katniss, where are you?" Finnick shouted as his gaze swept the area looking for Katniss. When Kasia noticed the girl crouched down behind a bush with her bow aimed at them, she gave a gentle push into Finnick's shoulder.

"Katniss?" Kasia called out. "What are you doing?" She asked dropping her knife to the side while Finnick lowered his trident and lifted his hand in surrender.

The only thing his brain could come up with in this situation was "Katniss." Followed by "Remember who the real enemy is."

It took a second before Katniss lowered her bow and finally decided to listen to them. She looked up at the sky that was shining and the clouds were moving around the tree, meaning the lightning was about to strike.

"Katniss, get away from that tree!" Finnick yelled and ran to her side.

Katniss ignored him and instead, she rapped a chunk of copper wire around her arrow, willing to strike back.

"Katniss!" Screamed Kasia, she wasn't ready to see another of her friends passing away.

Katniss threw her arrow towards the sky at the same time the light flashed in her eyes. A scream echoed down her throat into the whole jungle and her body swirl around. Finnick and Kasia flung back and the boy tried to maintain contact by holding her hand but Kasia's head hit a tree. A loud noise resonated in her ears before everything went black.

*ೃ༄ *ੈ✩‧₊˚