𝓍𝒾𝒾𝒾. ━━━ tears of blade

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

»»——— 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑———««
╰┈➤ ❝ [Tears Of Blade] ❞
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

'You're a survivor and
you'll survive this."
– r.h. Sin

ˏˋ°•*KASIA WAS SITTING TIREDLY IN SILENCE GAZING AT THE WATER, just looking at nothing. Her shiny eyes were no longer living with that flame in them. She was scared, just like she was in her first games.

She still notices Nash and Finnick catching fish with their weapons and Katniss and Peeta whispering among one and another. The gentle breeze and the smell of salt water still managed to ease her nerves but she was beyond repair now.

The games still succeeded in driving out her from who she was. She wasn't ready to kill the one she became allies in her race against the Capitol. She'd rather just die already if she had to end them.

The daylight was breaking through the horizon and Kasia hadn't moved an inch. She leaned her head to the side when she caught the side of Finnick sitting down next to her, a raw fish in his hand. She stared at him for a moment before slowly taking the dead fish from his hands.

"Hey. Feeling better?" He questioned the girl that hadn't talked since the last canon. She simply nodded in response before taking a bite of the fish.

"I hope you like raw fish, Hendrix." He smirked before eating his meal too.

Kasia blinked twice looking at the sunrise trying to not let the tears go down her cheeks. "Do you ever have nightmares?" She broke the silence.

He looked at her surprised by the question but made a quick nod, not wanting to talk more about this subject. "Do you?"

"I do, every time I do. I can't close my eyes without seeing Annie full of blood... al... all the ones I killed. Seeing the one I love getting hurt..."

Kasia stopped here when she realized his head dropped at the mention of Annie's name.

"You knew Annie?" She asked full of hope.

He let a low chuckle and smiled sadly. "She was from my District. We used to be close friends."

"She should have won, I'm just a monster."

"Don't say that. It's not true."

"Didn't you see all those murders I did, I killed her! My friend!"

"You were surviving, in those Games friendship doesn't mean anything."

"But I..." Finnick cut her by placing one hand on her shoulder and the other cupping her face.

"Listen to me Kasia, you are the most courageous girl I have ever met, you are everything but a Monster and I won't let you treat yourself like that. He paused to look at her in the eyes. Do you think Annie would let you say that about yourself if she was here?"

"She should have won." She repeated.

The space between their faces was decreasing with each passing word. Finnick eyes darted to hers to her lips, but Kasia didn't notice it lost in the water forming in her eyes.