𝒾𝒾𝒾. ━━━ enemies or allies

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

»»——— 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑———««
╰┈➤ ❝ [Enemies or Allies] ❞
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Sometimes the questions
are complicated, and the
answers are simple."
-Dr. Seuss

ˏˋ°•*KATNISS AND PEETA SAT IN FRONT OF HAYMITCH as he introduced the new game, including the other victors, to the tributes.

"I want you guys to forget everything you think you know about The Games, last year was child's play. This year, you're dealing with all experienced killers." The mentor explained as if it was an easy game.

"All right. What does that mean for us?" Inquired Peeta, pressing his hand over the table.

"That means you're gonna have to have some allies."

"Okay, I think that if-" The baker started, but Haymitch finished for hum.

"Whoop. You're not the problem." He moved his finger toward Katniss' head meaning she was the problem. She didn't want to have allies and Haymitch knew it well.

"No." Was what she responded to the tipsy man.

The mentor sat down carefully taking another sip of his drink. Alcohol again.

"Look, you're starting at a disadvantage. Most of these people have been friends for years."

"That just puts us higher on their kill list," Katniss responded raising her shoulder.

"Do it your own way, but I know these people. You go in alone, their first move is gonna be to hunt you down. Both of you."

"Katniss, Peeta mumbled, come on."

The girl in question looked at the two men from turn to turn before answering. "How could any of us even trust each other?"

"It's not about trust. it's about staying alive." Haymitch whispered to the tribute before standing up and using the telecommand to start playing something on the screen. A video of the District 1 greeting reaped appeared on the screen.

"Cashmere and Gloss, brother and sister. District 1. They won back-to-back games, Capitol favourites. Lots of sponsors, they will be Lethal."

The brother and sister held hands looking enthusiastic to go back to the games.

"And the other half of the of the Career pack's Brutus and Enobaria."

"What's with her teeth," Katniss asked looking closer at Enobaria's sharp teeth.

"She had them filed into fangs so she could rip people's throats out."

"She's committed. I'll give her that." Peeta nodded quite impressed.

"Wiress and Beetee. Not fighters, but brilliant. And weirds, real tech-savvy."

The District 12 girl looked closer at the images as Haymitch moved around the room.

"He won his game by electrocuting six Tributes at once."

"The Morphings. Masters of camouflage. Basically, won their Games by hiding until everyone else was dead. Self-medicating ever since, which I applaud. Not a threat."

And the screen changed right into a young man with beautiful bronze hair. His eyes were a near-sea blue, reflecting his district.

"Finnick Odair, right?" Katniss inquired recognizing him.

"Yes. He won his games at 14, youngest ever. Extremely humble."

"You're kidding." Said the girl raising her eyebrows as he mentioned a quality he couldn't have.

"Yes, I'm kidding, he's a peacock. A total preener, but he's the Capitol darling. They love him here. Charming, smart and very skilled at combat Especially in water."

"What about weakness?" Questioned Peeta maybe feeling a little scared of the man.

"One, Mags. Mags was his mentor and basically raised him. If he's trying to protect her in any way it exposes him."

"A guy like that had to know she's not gonna make it. I bet when it really comes down to it, he won't protect her."

"Well, Katniss, I just hope when she goes, she goes quickly. She's actually a wonderful lady."

The District 4 tributes were now hugging each other and we could see in Finnick's eyes he would do everything, to protect her.

"District 10, Kasia Hendrix."

The two tributes looked at each other, the girl seemed so innocent with her flower dress and her smile rising her cheeks. How could she won the Games?

"She is called Flower Girl since she placed flowers on every tribute she killed, I guess she took that as her whole personality." He noticed the dress she was wearing.

"She looks so.." Katniss started but couldn't finish, she didn't know what to think of the girl.

"Don't let her dumb you, she could easily cut your throat in two. Really close to the tribute male Nash Madden." The mentor bit his lips knowing she was a threat to the tribute.

"I know him." Started Peeta. He remembers watching his Games and getting hated by the family for the tribute of his games. When he made his victory toor, people in the 12 almost threw tomatoes at him. But they didn't they needed food for themselves too.

"Maybe, Nash and her almost grew together after the Games. He won his game after backstabbing everyone. Strong at fighting."

Katniss nodded so did Peeta. Haymitch took another sip in the glass even if he had probably too much alcohol in his veins, it didn't stop him.

"If you want them as your allies, I recommend you to be closer to the girl, Nash wouldn't do anything to hurt Kasia and her allies. Together, they are maybe just as dangerous as the career."

Peeta glanced at Katniss, he knew allying with them was an advantage for both of them.

The girl just thought Haymitch was tipsy again, how could they be stronger than the career, they looked so pure. Her hand flew towards her skull placing her hair behind her ears. If she could just have Peeta as an ally she would, it would be so much easier.

But Kasia was nothing but a threat, she put flowers to feel less bad for the one she killed. She hated doing it. She rather get killed in that arena than kill them. She wouldn't anyway. It was the plan since the beginning, Katniss was the spark for the revolution.

*ೃ༄ *ੈ✩‧₊˚