𝓍𝓋𝒾. ━━━ before the storm

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

»»——— 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔———««
╰┈➤ ❝ [Before The Storm] ❞
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Find what you love and
let it kill you."
- Charles Bukowski

ˏˋ°•*FINNICK DIDN'T REMEMBER WHEN KASIA STOPPED POUNDING on the wall of unbreakable glass or when the tears had stopped rolling down her cheeks, but as he watched Kasia and Katniss being tortured he had fallen into some kind of comatose state.

Finnicks's eyes were fixed on her without a single blink. The jabberjays' noises finally dissipated, making way for the sound of the tributes' silent sobs. The scene was emotionally charged, and the stillness of the air heightened the intensity of the moment.

Finnick snapped out of his dream like daze and scrambled to his feet before rushing towards
Kasia's aid while Peeta did the same for Katniss.

The voices left slowly but Kasia remained shut on the ground until a hand came on her shoulder making her look at the man.

With a tender and delicate tone, he spoke as though he was approaching a frightened creature. Despite his efforts, a subtle hint of emotion cracked through his face. "Kasi..." he uttered softly.

"Kasia." He repeated when the brunette girl didn't respond and he carefully grabbed her face, placing it on his shoulder, caressing her head softly.

As Lowly gradually regained her consciousness, she clung to his shoulder and continued sobbing inconsolably. He couldn't recognize the man who was screaming for her, but he could feel that it was probably her father.

"I...I thought it was him."

He gently ran her fingers through her hair, giving her the comfort only he was able to provide. He pressed a soft kiss on her forehead taking her back into a warm embrace. "It wasn't, it's not him."

As she lay there, her heart rate began to slow down gradually until it returned to its normal rhythm. It was as if Finnick was her guiding light, the one who chased away the dark clouds that were hovering over her.

He was the beacon of hope that shone at the end of the seemingly endless tunnel, making all the trials she had gone through worth it. She hid her face in the crook of his neck and Johanna approached the two.

"Are you okay?" Johanna asked.

As she heard the voice, she turned her head slightly to see the girl with the axe. Kasia's eyes were red and puffy from crying but she gave her a quick nod of confirmation before standing up and wiping away her tears.

Kasia's lips curved upwards in a gentle smile as she observed Peeta's soothing presence that gradually calmed Katniss down. With each passing moment, the District Twelve's tribute seemed to relax further in the embrace of Peeta.

"They won't hurt Prim."

"Your fiance is right. The whole country loves your sister." Johanna spoke up from where she was standing looking at the two. "If they tortured her if they did anything to her." She shook her head.
"Forget the district, there would be riots in the damn Capitol."

It darted to Kasia that she had lost her cool as she looked at the sky. "Hey, how does that sound, Snow? What if we- what if we set your backyard on fire?! You know you can't put everybody in here!"

As she gazed in shock, her eyes were fixed on the dark-haired tribute, and only then did Johanna realize that all eyes were on her.

"What?" She shrugged. "He can't hurt me.
There is no one left that I love." She said softly. "I'll get you some water." She stated before swiftly turning around slicing all plant life away with her axe, trying to blow some steam off.

No one left, Kasia realized how lucky she was to still have a family member waiting for her. And now a lover.

Nash and Kasia sat side by side, gazing at the cornucopia that was surrounded by the gentle waves of the water. Finnick, not too far from them, was playing with his trident, his movements fluid and effortless.

"So..." Started Nash knowing what was going on between those two. "Always knew this would happen one day." He laughed.

Her cheeks turned red just thinking of it. "What made you think that."

"Just the way you're looking at each other. I told him once."

Her mouth almost dropped. "What. You told him what?"

"The night before the parade, I told you wanted to be an ally and that when you liked someone you never told them."

She laughed softly admiring the bronze-haired from District Four. "Well, now I see it." Indeed, the only thing she used to see was the annoying Finnick Odair. Not Finn.

Kasia found herself lost in thought, contemplating the future murders that were bound to occur. Little did she know, Finnick had made Nash's vow to keep the rebels' plan a secret from Kasia, leaving her in the dark about the upcoming danger.

During their five-year-long friendship, Finnick had come to understand that Kasia would be more anxious about the plan than the games themselves. The man from District Eleven had concurred with Finnick that they would keep their friend away from it all. Kasia was not meant to be a rebel, but that was before their feelings grew bigger, it was too late to reveal her all now. Not under Snow's watch.

"If I have to die, I want it to be because of you. If I have to die, kill me." She let out in a whisper looking at Nash in his eyes.

"That won't happen."

He lied.

Nash was never gonna tell Kasia that this could happen. Her friend was just another tribute, and she was not the main plan of the rebellion. Kasia may not make it out alive, but if she accomplishes, it will be a win. However, if she was to die, it would simply be another risk in the rebels' plan. He would not have to kill Kasia, it was just an option.

An option he did not want to experience.

"I just –I don't want to survive this. What will I have won except for killing my friends? I'm so tired of this."

Finnick was her hope. He was the only thing keeping her from giving up entirely. She knew that if they were going to make it out of this alive, it would have to be together. They were like star-crossed lovers, bound together by fate and the struggle for survival.

But nothing ever ends well, unlike the fairytales and books she reads.

*ೃ༄ *ੈ✩‧₊˚