- 014

MATTY'S POV
6th February, 2010

Dylan knocked on George's door, Ross answering and letting her in. She walked into the living room.

"Alright?" Adam asked. She nodded, sitting down next to him and resting her head on his shoulder.

"Afternoon, Solo."

"I really need to think of a nickname for you."

"I've got a lot of nicknames, most of them aren't very nice."

"Like what?"

"Slag."

We all let out a laugh, but I worried a bit, remembering something Dylan had told me yesterday about how Kane keeps calling her mean things.

We continued our conversation until I stood up to go and grab a beer from the fridge. "Anyone else want one?" Everyone raised their hand. "Alright, bit of a challenge carrying in five beers."

"Not really," Dylan said, but she stood up to come and help me anyway. George's kitchen was probably the farthest room from his living room, except the rooms on the second floor, obviously.

"You okay?" I asked. Dylan shrugged. "Kane?"

"Still together. It's nearly valentine's day, I don't want break up with him right before that."

"Why not? It's kind of deserved."

"Right, and I'm not bothered about his feelings, I'm bothered about mine. I'll think of him every Valentine's Day for the rest of my life."

"Not if you find someone else to spend it with."

"That's the thing, I don't know if I can find someone else. I don't know what a real relationship is, I don't even know what a good kiss is meant to feel like!"

"I can-" I was gonna say I could show her, but I stopped myself, remembering the thing I always tell myself.

Stay away from Dylan.

"I can be there for you, Dyl, if you get with someone else. I'll always make sure whoever you get with next actually loves you, treats you well. I wouldn't let you get with another Kane again."

DYLAN'S POV6th February, 2010

DYLAN'S POV
6th February, 2010

I wanted him to kiss me. Maybe that would give me the courage to leave Kane, or maybe it'd give me enough guilt. Either way, it'd make me leave him. But he didn't, because Matty didn't feel that way about me. I didn't think I felt that way either, but I really wouldn't mind his lips on mine, his hands on my hips, slowly moving to my-

"Dyl?"

"Sorry, I zoned out. But thanks, Matty, I'll keep that in mind. I promise, I'll leave soon. Just need to wait until there are no special occasions close. Anyway, the guys are probably wondering what's taking us so long."

"Right."

Matty and I walked out, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of tension, was he mad at me for not leaving? I can't lie, I'd be mad at me, too, but I was really serious about my reasoning. I didn't wanna have to think about my toxic breakup with my abusive ex every Valentine's day.

I sat back down next to Adam, who seemed to sense something was off.

"You okay?" He whispered, as the other three got into a debate about what the best movie of all time was.

"Yeah," I said, "Just- We were talking about Kane."

"Sensitive topic?"

"Yeah, I'm leaving him soon."

"Soon? Why not now?"

"Nearly Valentine's Day. Don't wanna think about him every year when I'm meant to feel romantic, you know?"

"Yeah, I get it. Why are you leaving him, though?"

I realised I hadn't actually told Ross and Adam about Kane. They'd heard stuff from George, but they usually put it down to him just being protective over me, and making things seem bigger than they are. I was about to tell Adam, when Matty whipped his head around to us.

"Who do you think's right, Dyl?"

"I haven't seen any of the movies you guys are bickering about," I shrugged.

"You've never seen True Romance?" He asked, his eyes wide.

"That's your favourite movie?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Would've thought it was Flushed Away."

"What? Why?"

"Because your godfather produced it, you're literally the main character."

"Someone's done their research," Ross said.

"Was watching the movie the other day, I knew he was familiar. Me and the girls did a deep dive. Hey, at least Matty's already famous. That's how we can sell our songs. Lead singer Roddy."

Matty picked up a pillow from the chair George was sat on at threw it at me. "Fuck off, mate."

"Ow, Matty! That's got a zip, wanker."

The boys began laughing, and I laughed with them too, but I couldn't shake off the conversation from the kitchen earlier, praying that the weird feelings I felt would go away.