- 005

DYLAN'S POV
20th November, 2009

"I wanna sit down," I groaned.

George led me into the living room and sat me down on the sofa, and it was then I realised the rest of the band were there. If I wasn't so focused on the throbbing pain in my head I probably would've felt embarrassed.

"Mad night?" Matty asked.

I nodded. "Not that I can remember it. How come you're all here, anyway?"

"Got a bit too drunk," Ross said, "George's house was the closest so we just crashed in his living room."

"Don't think we were as pissed as you must've been, though," Adam said.

"Do any of you remember anything?"

The boys all shrugged and I threw my head back, instantly regretting it as the spinning got ten times worse. Fuck. I needed to know if I'd done anything stupid. Had I made a show of myself? Had I made a show of anyone else? Why the fuck were me, Eva and Ella in a field twenty minutes away from my house?

George came back in with a glass of water and some pain killers, which I instantly took.

"I'm boiling you know," I said, standing up. George helped me taking off my jacket and went to put it on the coat rack, before pausing.

"What the fuck, Dylan?" He almost yelled, startling me. I turned around and all the boys were looking at me with concerned faces.

"What? Oh, don't tell me I got, like, a back tattoo or something."

"What the fucks all over your back and arms?"

"You what?"

I looked down at my arms to see the bruises, and all of it suddenly came back to me. I felt tears brim in my eyes, then blinked them away.

"Must've fell down the stairs or something," I lied.

"Hope so. You wanna get changed?"

"Yes!" I probably could've made the house fall with how loud I was, but I was wearing practically nothing, my skirt rolled up everytime I walked and my top was more like lingerie than actual clothing.

"Right, go up and get some of my clothes on, just not my The Cure top again."

"Why not?"

"Cause you're a proper little robber! Put on something you don't like so I know I'll get it back."

I laughed as I headed upstairs and rooted through George's drawers, ignoring what he said and finding clothes I liked. I'd probably have to walk home in them.

The truth was I remembered how I got the bruises, but I know George, just like any other normal human being, would flip if he knew.

I stood in the kitchen talking to Matty. I remembered what Kane had said, but I figured I could talk to Matty like this considering we were surrounded by other people and Kane was in the same house as us.

Turns out I was very wrong. I walked away from Matty to go and get myself a drink, told him I'd be right back. But it was Kane who grabbed my arm and pulled me upstairs to my bedroom for the second time that night.

"What are you playing at, you fucking slag?" He hissed.

"Woah!" I said, slurring slightly, "Bit harsh. What are you on about?"

"I told you not to speak to Matty."

"No, you told me not to speak to him one on one."

"You were one on one."

"Surrounded by, like, twenty other people."

"No, I told you to stay away from him."

"You-!" I knew it was no use arguing, "Fine, sorry, I must've heard you wrong."

"That's it?"

"What?"

"Just sorry?"

"What else am I meant to do?"

"We've been together six months, Dylan, I think there are some better ways you can repay me."

"What? Kane, no, you know I said I didn't wanna-"

"Are you not attracted to me? Is that it?"

"No, that's not it! I- I don't know, I just-"

Kane grabbed me by the top of my arms and pinned me against my wall, undeniably bruising my back. He began to kiss down my exposed chest. I struggled, and he moved his hands down lower on my arms to keep my more still.

"Kane, please."

He suddenly pulled away, laughing. "I wouldn't do that." Was he fucking for real? He just had done that! "But if I wanted to, you know I'd be able to overpower you, so don't talk to Matty."

I shrunk under his gaze, letting out a quiet apology before walking out of the bedroom and back down the stairs, praying I didn't run into Matty on the way to find Eva and Ella. I seriously needed to go on a walk.

 I seriously needed to go on a walk

MATTY'S POV
20th November, 2009

I wasn't stupid. I don't know if everyone else was, but I wasn't. I knew Dylan hadn't fell down the stairs, and I also knew her boyfriend was a weirdo, it wasn't difficult to put two and two together.

But what if I was wrong? What if I asked her about it and she got mad, and she hated me? That would surely cause a rift with me and George, it wouldn't be good for the band. But I couldn't just let it go on.

"I'm gonna go the loo," I said, getting up and heading up the stairs.

"There's one down here, idiot," George shouted after me.

"Oh well, halfway up now!"

I heard George mumble something about how I was weird, before knocking on his bedroom door.

"Come in," Dylan said. I walked in and she looked at me, then back down at her phone, not saying anything.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Mhm."

Okay, rude. She couldn't even acknowledge me properly.

"Did you really fall down the stairs?"

"Don't know."

I looked her up and down, the only bruises now visible were the ones on her forearms and wrists. They looked like finger marks, hand prints, as if someone had had a tight grip on her, so tight it turned her skin purple.

"Dylan," I sat next to her. She shifted away. "They look like hand marks."

"What are you saying?"

"Did Kane-"

The second his name left my lips she was standing up and rolling her eyes.

"Fuck off, Matty. You don't know what you're on about."