- 010

DYLAN'S POV
1st January, 2010

I woke up on New Year's day with an unbearable pounding in my head. I looked around, recognising the bedsheets and posters on the wall as George's. I expected to see him sat at his desk, but was instead met by Matty.

"Morning," he said, "I hope you don't mind me being in here. I got some song inspo, needed a quiet place to write it. The guys aren't exactly quiet at breakfast time."

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Eleven. Don't worry, you're not the only one who slept in. Adam and George only woke up, like, half an hour ago. Had to put up with Ross alone since eight in the morning. How was your night?"

"Don't really remember it. I feel mad. Like, sick, but not any kind of sick I've felt before."

"That'll be the molly."

"What?"

"You know, MDMA."

"I know what molly is, Matty. I just didn't know I'd done it."

"You were proper rambling in the car about how you'll never do it again."

"If this is how it makes me feel, then I wasn't lying. Did I tell you anything else in the car?"

"Said you nearly shagged Kane."

"Not a surprise."

"And that you were gonna get back with him."

"Not untrue."

"Also, last week you said you were gonna come to mine today to watch us practice. Still down?"

"Shit. What time?"

"Probably about two."

"I'm gonna go home then, I've gotta get changed."

"I can drive you."

"I wouldn't wanna interrupt your song writing."

"Don't worry! It was only a few lyrics, I've got all I need, I'm totally free. Plus, your shoes are in my car, I'd have to come down with you anyway to unlock it."

"Why are my shoes in your car?"

"Feet were uncomfy. I had to carry you in because you were asleep, so I couldn't carry the shoes. Well, I probably could've, but I was a bit drunk, so I didn't wanna risk carrying you with one arm. If you really don't want a lift I can just go and grab them for you now, I'd understand if you want, like, the sun on your face or-"

I laughed. "Calm down. I'll have a lift, Matty, thank you."

Me and Matty left the house, I instantly shivered. One thing about party outfits was that they were never smart in cold weather. Matty unbuttoned the black shirt he was wearing and put it over my shoulders, leaving him in his black vest.

"You didn't need- We're getting in the car in a minute, aren't you cold?"

"You're smaller than me."

"By, like, two inches."

"A lot thinner. You have less blubber to keep you warm."

"I'm not a seal."

"Right, but you are cold. Just let me do this one nice thing, yeah?"

"Fine."

MATTY'S POV1st January, 2010

MATTY'S POV
1st January, 2010

Dylan and George walked into my house, my eyes instantly landing on Dylan's outfit. Skinny jeans, converse and a ridiculous baggy top of a band I knew she didn't like. It was probably Kane's. My shirt was hanging off of her shoulders.

"Just had to pick this nobhead up from Kane's house," George complained.

"Oh, god forbid I visit my boyfriend," Dylan said, "Matty, I've got your shirt, where do you want it?"

"Just toss it anywhere," I said, trying to ignore the title Kane had somehow gained back. 'Boyfriend'.

Dylan threw my shirt over the arm of the couch then sat down, laying her legs across Adam. That was usually something her and George did, but they were clearly pissed off at each other right now. Just by their faces, I could tell they'd had an argument in the car.

"You guys already start?" George asked.

"Just getting set up," I said.

"Yeah, with no help from Adam," Ross looked over at him sat on the couch.

"Can't move," Adam shrugged, looking down at Dylan's legs, "Sorry, mate. Got responsibilities now."

Dylan laughed as she moved off of Adam. "Help them, Solo, they're gonna die without you."

Dylan thought that calling Adam Solo was the funniest thing ever because of his last name, Hann. Funny thing was she'd never even watched Star Wars, she barely knew who Han Solo was. Still, I found it funny, and everyone else seemed to.

After we played a few song, tweaking some here and there, Dylan walked out to my back garden for a smoke break

After we played a few song, tweaking some here and there, Dylan walked out to my back garden for a smoke break. I followed her soon after.

"You're good," she said. I sat next to her on my wooden lawn chair. She had, for some reason, decided to sit on the floor.

"How come you're sat on the floor?"

"No seats."

I laughed. "Not now, but there were."

"I don't know. I don't really like to sit on people's furniture unless they offer."

"I'm offering for you to sit on my lawn chair."

"How very gracious of you. Although I think it's a bit preoccupied."

We both laughed, and I changed the topic, knowing lawn chairs wasn't gonna be a very fun conversation. "So, Kane?" I don't know why so said that. This conversation wouldn't be fun, either. Not for me.

"Yeah. I went to his house because I had one of his tops, but I ended up snogging his face off, then leaving with another one of his shirts. I'm worried, though."

"Why?"

"I don't know. He was trying really hard to get me to have sex with him. Not in, like, a rapey way. But he said last night I didn't wanna do it because we weren't together, and now that we are there wasn't any issues. But I just didn't want to. Still, it's been a year, he's a twenty year old guy, he has needs, right? I'm gonna have to at some point."

"You don't need to do anything you don't want to, Dyl. Don't force yourself."

"I'm scared if I don't force myself I'm never gonna wanna do it."

"Are you, like, asexual or something?"

"No! No, I definitely experience sexual attraction. Like, definitely. Just- I don't know. Not to him."

I held in my laugh. It wasn't funny to me that Dylan was upset, but I'd always disliked Kane, even in school, before either of us knew Dylan. He was a proper prick.

"If he doesn't appreciate you for who you are and just wants sex, he's really not worth it, Dylan, I promise you that."