"Were up-" I heard Matteo say before hearing his words cut off. Max brought his free hand up, punching me across the face. I let my body fall to the floor instead of fighting back.

"P-Please don't hurt me." I said, leaning against the wall and looking up at him.

"Leo-" Midas started before getting cut off by Matteo.

"She's fine. Let it play out." I reached my hand underneath my dress and grabbed the syringe that was attached to a thigh holster. Max leaned down to face me, and was directly on my level.

"You're nothing but a dirty whore, and once the world finally rids itself of people like you-" I reached my hand up, stabbing the syringe into his neck. He fell back, causing me to straddle him as his body started to go limp. I flipped my hair to the side, standing up and dusting myself off. I reached up to feel the blood that was running down my face.

"All cams are down, Leo move in." Midas gave the command and Leo burst through the door and stared at me.

"Shit he got you good." Leo said, staring at my face as he threw Max over his shoulder. He grabbed his gun and we moved towards the back exit. The door opened and the cool breeze hit me.

"Fuck! Capo!" Leo said, grunting as he dropped Max and jumped in front of me. Two men walked up, tall, with muscle.

"What! Do I need to come?" Midas asked, and I could hear rustling around.

"No. It's under control!" Leo grunted, grabbing his gun and shooting one of them. The other crawled on the floor, gripping his leg. Leo quickly picked Max up, and started walking out of the alleyway. He turned around, letting me walk in front of him and once we hit the main road, we ran across the street.

"Open!" Leo shouted, and the doors swung open. Matteo grabbed Max, as Leo ran around and got into the passenger seat. I felt arms snake around my waist, pulling me up into the van. The smell of evergreen and pine filled my nose. I looked up at the man responsible as we started driving. He looked down at me, and I looked away in fear.

"Fuck, Jess, are you alright?" Matteo asked after tying Max to a chair. I turned to look at him but two very firm hands kept me in place.

"I'm okay." I whispered out, bringing my hand up to brush the blood off of my face. Midas sat me down in his seat and stood staring at me the whole ride. Matteo spent the whole time checking to make sure Max was still alive.

When we got back to the mansion, we all got out of the van. I let them all walk ahead of me as I slipped my heels off and picked them up. I brushed my face again, the blood stipping slowly from running down my lip. It didn't hurt at all, I've been stabbed, shot, drugged, so a little cut on my lip isn't going to hurt, but I had to sell it. I walked into the house, closing my eyes before letting the waterworks playout. I ran my fingers through my hair before I dropped my heels on the floor, causing everyone to look at me. I walked over to the sink, washing my hands before drying them.

"I'm going to kill him." I heard a mutter from one of the guys. I took a few deep breaths before turning around and facing them. Two guards came and took Max from Leo. Josie looked at me with a sad expression. Matteo looked guilty, and Leo was just standing there staring. I had no idea where Midas went. I pulled myself up on the counter, swinging my feet as Josie walked over to me.

"Can someone grab the med-"

"Move." Midas grumbled, opening the box on the counter.

"Go make sure our prisoner is alive." He said, looking at all three of them and they quickly scrambled away. He grabbed out an alcohol wipe, opening it with his tattooed and very veiny hands. I licked my lips, tasting blood causing me to cringe.

"Thank you." I spoke softly and watched him grumble to himself.

"Don't speak." He said and I closed my mouth and nodded. He dabbed the wipe on the cut gently, causing it to sting. I winced, pushing his arm away from me.

"Let me help you." He gritted his teeth and looked down at me. He grabbed my hand, placing it on his bicep. I looked at him with a confused expression before he grabbed my face gently, dabbing it again. I squeezed his arm, pinching my eyes shut as he continued. I felt him stop, causing me to loosen my grip on his arm. He took a step back before walking to the freezer and grabbing an ice pack. He pressed it against my face before bringing up my hand and having me hold it there.

"Thank you, Midas." His body tensed and I looked up at him.

"Go to bed." He lifted me off of the counter and my feet hit the floor. I looked around questionably and he raised his eyebrow at me.

"Bed. Now." He clenched his jaw before I nodded my head quickly, and made my way up the stairs.

"Mio Dio." I heard him say before I was out of earshot.