chapter 17 | friends? ☔︎

"I'm nervous! Where going to be on a plane with ALL of them for eight hours

"I'm nervous! Where going to be on a plane with ALL of them for eight hours. Your not even a slight, tinsy nervous," I nod my head a no to Eliana. "You act as if where going to sit with them. Start pouring up drinks and get high with them. Just ignore them and you'll be fine." Eliana cringes at the thought of getting of high. "Have you ever been high? I wonder what's it like? We should try it!" This women.

"Miss Storm, Miss Amberose, we have arrived," the driver says, interrupting whatever Eliana was just about to say. I quickly open the door not waiting for the chauffeur. I feel the cold car burn my cheeks and close my eyes allowing the small droplets of water to hit my face. The nauseous feeling finally going away. Blowing a breath out, smoke comes out of my mouth from how cold it is. Just how I like it. I'm going to miss this cold weather.

"They beat us," Eliana says. Four SUVs already parked ahead of us. Eliana holds my hand and start guiding us to the plane. As we're about to enter my phone starts to ring and I stop in my tracks causing her to stop, "Phone." She nods her head and I nod my head towards the plane signaling her to head inside I'll go in later. Pulling out my phone I look at the caller ID, Darius.

Quickly answering, "Well be taking a later flight, arrive there two hours later before you losers. Rosa wasn't feeling to well and Violet said we wait. I'll update you when we arrive," from the distance I see Leo helping Eliana up the stairs. Also with his coat wrapped around her. "Okay. Does Leo know?" I ask. "Yes I already informed him and the rest. Please take care of him. Don't let him destroy my plane. I'll kill him if he does. Shit is more expensive then his whole existence." He sounded a little to serious on the part 'I'll kill him.'

We say our goodbyes and I start making my way. Everyone is already inside and as I'm about to enter I stop and allow myself to feel the cold New York air one last time. My nerves fading away. Forcing myself inside, I don't feel like sitting down for eight hours straight. Laughter and Leo's loud voice is the first thing I hear. Eliana who's already sitting, a empty seat next to her. Leo who's sitting facing Eliana is helping her put her seatbelt. On the right side across from us Matteo is sat with a sleeping Lavinia and Easton. It honestly makes me happy they stayed together. They match each other so perfectly. Two seats back from them sits Luna and her friend who are deeply dead asleep.

In front of them, Remo and Hayden are sat with another man who's name I keep forgetting. He's very quiet and I rarely see him with the rest. Leo said he prefers to be alone. Hearing that I declared him as my favorite. I like quiet people their never fucking annoying unlike the dark brown haired boy who keeps yapping Eliana's ear off. "Shut up. She doesn't care," I tell Leo who dramatically gasps. I finally sit down next to Eliana. She's in a very happy mood compared to earlier when she was extremely nervous.

"Now that's no way to talk your older brother. Respect your elders!" I can't help but snicker at Leo's comment. "Then act like it," across from us I can hear the 'ooooh' coming from Remo mouth. I buckle my seat and Leo continues his rant, "Then act like it!" He mimics back. He's about to open his big mouth again when the pilot interrupts him, informing us we'll be taking off any minute and to buckle our seatbelts. He instructs they can be taken off when in the air. I rub my eyes feeling tired, very much sleep deprived.

I lean back on the leather white seat getting myself comfortable. Taking off, I glance at Eliana her eyes tightly close. I wrap my hand around hers and she quickly accepts it, squeezing my hand. We let go when the pilot tells us we're good to remove our seatbelts. In a instant, I removed mine, hating the tight feeling of being wrapped. Leo continues his conversation with Eliana and I feel bored so I make way to the mini bar area which is far away from everyone else.

Once I finally reach my destination I sit down, pouring myself water. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I take it out seeing more emails. I'm going to kill myself. Seven minutes pass and I hear the door open, they sit themselves two seats away from me. From the corner of my eye I can see their black expensive sneakers and I know exactly who it is. Acting unbothered because I am, I don't look up. "You gonna keep ignoring me?" My fingers freeze and I grip my phone.

Feeling a wave of irritation I finally look at him. Taking in Hayden's appearance, dark navy blue baggy jeans, a black plain hoodie paired with his black Nikes. Why does he look good in everything? "Yes." Is all I managed to say, making intense eye contact. This is my first time speaking to him after six years. Six years. This is my first time being so close to his existence even though were a feet away. My first time actually paying attention to every detail on his face. His loose curls hanging losely over his forehead. Compared to my light brown hair Hayden's was very dark. His hair seemed black but the second he steps in the sunlight you could see his hair was in fact brown.

My eyes travel down to his perfect eyebrows, to his slim nose, and finally his lips. Everything about his face was perfect and clear, his lips were full, a shade of pink. Lowering even more my eyes connect to his sharp jawline I so badly wanna touch. His neck, where a gold chain lays. Not a single flaw.

Fuck. Realizing I'm checking him out in front of him I snap out about to look away when I see he's going the same. I shallow my nerves, feeling uncomfortable with myself. My mind takes me back to when we were teens. Is he still thinking the same? No. Know your place Valentina. "What is it? Am I still ugly?" I say, a fake cold smile plaster on my face, completely unbothered also calling him about checking me out even though I was doing the same. His eyes move back to mines. His lips twitch and he lets out a grin.

"No." Is all he says. His voice is deep and smooth. I'm taken back a little but stop myself from showing it, keeping my bored face on. "You where never ugly." Again my head floods through high school. Memories creeping up, remembering the hallways passing by him. Walking with my only friend at the time who happened to be boy. Remembering him having a girl up against his locker and the next second he's yanking me away, forcing me into an empty room. I remember his face being so close to mine I could smell his cologne.

He smirks and lets out a deep dark chuckle. The exact same words. Begging for attention now, a face like yours will be nothing but a laugh. A face nobody would ever want. Remembering how his jaw ticked from so much hatred and how he walked off like nothing, leaving me alone with my thoughts. Where my insecurities started.

I couldn't help but smile as if I'm going insane because now I don't give a flying fuck if I am ugly. "Hm, really? If I remember correctly you said how much you hated my existence, my face, my appearance, everything about me if I am correct?" I keep the cold smile on my face. His jaw clenches and grip of his glass cups becomes tight. The smirk is replaced by a smile and I'm having trouble seeing if he's actually smiling or faking it, "Glad you remember every word I said. Not the best explanation but I was a kid back then and a bitch, I'll admit that." He shrugs his shoulder explaining with a bored tone.

Fucking bitch.

He's no longer facing my direction and I'm left staring at his side profile. I mimic his position looking ahead of me, "Bitch?" I let out a snicker. "Okay." Is all I managed to say getting bored of this little moment between us. I get off my seat and make way out but stop when I hear Hayden's, "Hold on." I turn around and he plasters his infamous man grin. "Friends?" Aww he wants to be friends.

I take two steps closer making sure were face to face. Now it's my turn to smirk. Looking him dead in the eyes I can't help but laugh.

"You wanna be friends? How about you suck my fucking dick." I make every word clear.

~ ❦︎ ☔︎ ❦︎ ~
INSTA | @ stormymarsthewriter︎