chapter 13 | the first meeting ☔︎

"Look I'm very sorry, okay

"Look I'm very sorry, okay. I thought I was helping and I was a little drunk which I know, I know isn't an excuse but I am very sorry. I understand why your so mad. I swear I didn't mean to cause any damage."

Don't move my eyes up and keep them on my computer, typing. Shut up, shut up, I don't care. Maybe he'll get the clue that I don't feel like wasting my energy on him. Leo let's out a frustrated sigh. "Val come on, don't be like this please, I'm sorry I'll do-"

"Shut up." Why are people extra fucking annoying in the morning? It's 8am and you have the energy to not shut the fuck up? Leo starts his ranting again and that's when I finally stop typing and look up at him. When he notices he immediately shuts him mouth.

Not saying or doing anything I continue to stare into his soul. Will father dearest get mad at me if I killed one of his own sons? No, who knows maybe we might need to sacrifice someone in the family, he'll be useful there.

"Are you done?" Now he doesn't say anything just blinks like an idiot. He's about to say something, the door opens, Eliana who gives Leo a confused look. Probably wondering why he's awake this early and why he's in my damn office. "Umm, Val your dad is looking for you," what a perfect time I need to get the fuck out of here.

Getting up, I give Eliana a quick smile and walk straight out. What could father dearest want now? I hear footsteps following behind me and I immediately know who it is. He catches up, I roll my eyes. "Eliana said he wants both of us," how fucken fantastic. I start making my way to his office but Leo said he was waiting for us in the living room.

Once we get their, we're not the only one's. I make eye contact with Hayden but quickly move my eyes to my father who is talking to some man I haven't meet before. I am assuming he's friends or works with the Salvatore family. My father notices and excuses himself. "Good morning, Val. Where's Eliana?" Turning around I see her speed walking over here, "Thanks for leaving me behind." Your welcome. "Thank you, Eliana," she gives him a smile but drops when she sees everyone else. Guess she wasn't excepting the others either.

"Can I leave?" Eliana says, clearly nervous. Father gives her the look that says, 'stop being dramatic.' We both know how much she hates being around a lot of people and I don't blame. I hate it much as her.

My father sits in the middle couch and Eliana and me sit next to him. On the right, where Eliana is sitting, sits the Salvatores except Mrs. Salvatore. On my left, Leo sits forcing myself to not roll my eyes. Along with the same two other men I haven't seen and my brothers idiotic friend, Matteo.

Mr. Knight, now that I'm actually looking at him he looks more manly. His dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, prefect eyebrows I'm totally not jealous of. He still has that cocky ugly fucking look. I'm surprised he's still alive. I always thought he'll be the first one to die considering how fucking dumb this motherfucker is. I can't wait till someone humbles his cocky ass. Realizing I have been staring at him while talking shit in my head I look at my father who finally starts to speak but is interrupted by a tired Darius.

"Sorry I am late, the twins didn't wanna sleep last night," the only thing about kids I don't like. He sits across us in the small black couch. My father clears his throat and nods his heads. Here we motherfuckengooooo!

"As you all know the Russian Mafia has been trading with the Turkish Mafia. What we didn't know was where they were being transported. Last night, we finally got our hands on a file that revealed the location. According to the file the shipment should contain thousands of guns their excepting." Because of ME, I got the file. I know exactly what father dearest has set up in his messed up head.

"Jesus Christ, not this shit again," Leo mutters quietly which doesn't go unnoticed by dad. "Leo since you like to follow orders so much, you'll be with Valentina." Don't roll your eyes, don't roll your eyes. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Love, peace, calm, just like Lana Del Rey said, "give peace a chance." Love, peace, calm. Don't flip out. Don't stab peoples eyes out right now. Opening my eyes I give my father my beautiful smile. My lovely smile that definitely isn't the smile that says 'your very fucking lucky I can't kill you or slam your head on the floor.'

All the attention was on us. I get a glimpse of Eliana's face and I can tell she's holding back a laugh. As well as Darius. I cross my legs and lean back on the couch. "Yes, were stealing their shit. These roach fuckers like to steal our shit let's see how they'll like when we return the favor," I guess them stealing our weapons really got my father dearest all booty tickled. Yes of course, I was pissed but see that's what they want, reaction. That's exactly what dad is giving them. He's angry and is doing the same shit back but who can stop him? Plus I might actually be able to 'accidentally' somehow ship my brother off. The idea brings a smile to my face.

I was so dozed off I haven't even realized my father was done explaining. He gets up and excuses himself. Everyone starts talking among themselves but I hear that same voice that always leaves me questioning my existence. "Val?" Lalalalalalalalalala! The song Without Me by Eminem starts playing randomly in my head.

"Stop being so fucken stubborn, I said I'm sorry for almost killing you. Even if I did you probably would've been happy haunting my ass," guess who back, back again! Shadys back, tell a friend.

He groans and rest his head on his hand. I love being stubborn, I love being a bitch. "Ok," that's all I have to say. There's nothing I can do. I know, I know he's never gonna change. This isn't the first time I hear his 'Im sorry' for doing something without fucking thinking.

With that I stand up and walk away without turning back around or making more awkward eye contact.

I need to listen to my daily dose of music before I go insane again.

✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎

the part where the song says, "til someone comes along on a mission and yells BITCHH!" is something Leo would for sure do. ALSO I MADE AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT, so y'all can blow it up everytime i disappear to publish another chapter, it's the only way i'll be reminded 😭 -mars

@ stormymarsthewriter

~ ❦︎ ☔︎ ❦︎ ~