chapter 14 | moments like these ☔︎

I love fries

I love fries.

Am I eating a whole bag by myself? Yes. Am I eating a bag of fries like I haven't just killed six human beings? Yes. Shoving the last fries I grab my cup and take a sip of my Sprite. Spicy.

What a wonderful night. What a wonderful day it was actually today. The night is cloudy probably going to rain much later. It's cold but my lovely coat is doing her job keeping me warm. I'm parked in the middle of nowhere, leaning on my lovely black mustang. Mars barks at me, I hand him another cheeseburger. He deserves treats for being such a good boy today.

I start to feel soft, tiny rain drops. Looking up at the sky I smile. This feels nice. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, the smell of rain and wet grass comes in. Opening my eyes, I continue to stare at the clouds. I'm debating if I should head back home or stay here longer.

The phone rings and I ignore it. It rings a second time and this time I check to see Darius is calling. I don't answer, he'll leave a message. He calls again and this time I know it's important. Picking it up he doesn't let me speak first, "come get your best friend now! She's with Leo again! Please and hurry, ok bye," Leo and Eliana don't sound good together.

Leaning off the car I open the passenger door for Mars and tell him it's time to go. He's my passenger prince. Making my way into the car I turn the heater on , leaving this unknown location.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

The club is packed as always. Making my way to the VIP section which is upstairs, passing Darius office. Opening the door, I see Eliana and Leo on the mini stage, swinging on the poles, holding microphones. How lovely, they drink their kidneys out. "The stage is meant for the dancers. You guys aren't talented enough!" A frustrated Darius says, literally almost pulling his hair out. "Are you saying I can't be a stripper? Watch this," Leo attempts to jump on the pole but instead misses and falls face flat on the floor.

"ONLY LOVE CAN HURTT LIKE THISS!!" Now it's Eliana turn. "AND IT MUST'VE BEEN A DEALY KISSS!" Sheesh how much did they drink. I can't help but let out a little laugh. This gets Darius attention to turn around and finally notice me. "Thank goodness, Val please just get them out of here." He kisses my forehead and quickly makes his way out. Before shutting the door he takes one last glance at us, smiling.

I make my way to Eliana and she gives me her sloppiest smile. "Heyyy babe, wanna see a trick?" I quickly nod my head no, "whatever your trying to do, your going to get hurt," she then gives me a dramatic pout. "Your no fun Val." Leo lets out a snort, "she's a fucking loser."

Says the one who's trying to spin on a pole right now. "Okay get off now. You guys are wasting the lovely ladies time, who have been patiently waiting for guys to finish your dramatic tantrums," I say looking at my watch. "Get me all the mommy hottie s-strippers. I love their sparkly braaaas. They l-l-look so gorgeousss," Eliana slurs, trying her best to speak correctly.

"SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND!"

"L-leo shut u-up only I-I sound beau-tiii-ful when I singgggaaaa," Eliana says, snatching the microphone from Leo. She's about to sing but now it's my turn to snatch it out her hands. Setting it down the nearest table I take my hand out for Eliana and carefully help her sit down on the edge of the stage. Grabbing a napkin I sit next to her, wiping the dribble on her mouth and smudge lipstick off her lips.

She smiles at me. I smile back, she looks so out of this world. "Look at your little dimples, I only have one my right cheek," she says pointing to her right check right where her dimple is at. Leo sits next to her, kissing her dimple. She lets out a little gasp and I'm staring, what in the actual fuck. "Can you kiss this one too," Eliana points to her other cheek.

He starts leaning in but I can't handle this. "Okay stop, enough!" I say sitting between them. They both laugh and lean their heads on my shoulders. "I'm tired, carry me home Val," Eliana says, sighing. I don't say or do anything. My phone dings, it's papa telling us he's here to take them home. "Let's go home then," I say.

"In one minute," Eliana says, her eyes closed, Leo eyes closed as well. "Okay," I quietly mumble. Leaning my head back on hers, I let out a real, genuine, smile. It's been a while since a day has felt this peaceful, a while since I felt this peacefully happy.

Moments like these are what keeps me living.

✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎

questioning if i'm going to finish school or if school is going to finish me? lmao def not crying right now -mars

~ ❦︎ ☔︎ ❦︎ ~
INSTA | @ stormymarsthewriter